Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

I am having this issue - WiFi and Bluetooth refusing to turn on. Extremely aggravating as I use Bluetooth constantly and WiFi as much as possible. Powering off/on does not work. I do not have a flashlight app and haven't gotten any new apps. Grrr!
    Droid Maxx running 4.4.4 version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having same issue except now my camera is also not working. I tried uninstalling a flashlight app I had but didn't work. I can't seem to find a fix anywhere. Phone is 18 mos old.
    Driod Maxx running 4.4.4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Did you get a fix for this...Yesterday i flashed by device to stock android and now it says mac- Unavailable and IPV4- Unavailable.

Please help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

exceeder.. sir, can u give me your solution to my problem? same facts as what you have repeatedly asking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I found a fix which is very simple and takes no time at all to do, I searched all over trying to find a fix for this problem I searched the internet for weeks and found nothing so today I decided to try a battery pull while the tablet was switched on but once I removed the back I noticed the battery was actually soldered to the motherboard so I simply cut the negative wire from the battery and then twisted the frayed ends back together then upon turning it back on the wifi and bluetooth were working as they should

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the flashlight ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I disconnect the battery, did not help. Did someone else to solve the problem?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most of you, I had this issue randomly pop up yesterday, too. I found the solution to be deleting the flashlight app (Super-Bright LED Flashlight)I had installed a few days previous. My WiFi and Bluetooth are both functioning normally again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a fix I figured it out for the droid maxx xt1080 32gb built in sd all you have to do is go into quick boot by turn off phone first then hold the power button and the vol down key, after that select recovery and you will get the knocked over drone under it says no command, after that hold the vol up and power button at the same time for around 3 to 4 sec till the next menu comes up and then click wipe cache partition, then it will say erasing cache, after that's done click on the wipe data / factory reset, but make sure you backup your data first, or all will be lost. after that the problem is fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daris View Post
    There is a fix I figured it out for the droid maxx xt1080 32gb built in sd all you have to do is go into quick boot by turn off phone first then hold the power button and the vol down key, after that select recovery and you will get the knocked over drone under it says no command, after that hold the vol up and power button at the same time for around 3 to 4 sec till the next menu comes up and then click wipe cache partition, then it will say erasing cache, after that's done click on the wipe data / factory reset, but make sure you backup your data first, or all will be lost. after that the problem is fixed.

I've tried this an it still hasn't fixed my prob.. Just got my phone 3days ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody try to install certificates. I noticed that option in the WiFi overflow unfortunate for me not only to my WiFi n bt not work neither does my mobile data waiting on my replacement if I can't b find a remedy

Posted via the Android Central App

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pls what and where is the tiny flashlight app

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried everything... Uninstalled my flashlight app...rebooted and presto...WiFi is working!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

Just clear the cache memory by pressing the power and Volume down button simultaneously when phone is switched off. It worked for me. You can give it a try and check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an S4 with the same issue, i rooted and flashed it however the issue continues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

Hi,

I thought I would add my 2 cents on the solution to this issue. Specifically, my issue was the Blue Tooth on my Droid MAXX, Android 4.4. When on the phone, the Blue Tooth would continually drop and then reconnect to the phone during a conversation to the point I just had to quit using it. I love Blue Tooth, so this aggravated me to no end. I found this forum and am happy to say the first fix I tried resolved the issue. I used the FXR WiFi fix and rescue app from the Google Play Store. Worked like a champ. It did erase all my WiFi connects, but that probably needed a good cleaning anyway.

Jim
    doogald likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

i am also having the same issues with my wifi and blue tooth on my droid ultra... i dnt even have a flashlight app on my phone... i deleted it awhile ago... i have tryed everything that you can name... factory resets,, safe mode boots...wifi fixer.. soft/hard reset... everything... and my wifi still wont turn on..and when it does... it keeps restarting the phone...any help...anyone????

Global Posts
    4,716 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn Munnings View Post
    i am also having the same issues with my wifi and blue tooth on my droid ultra... i dnt even have a flashlight app on my phone... i deleted it awhile ago... i have tryed everything that you can name... factory resets,, safe mode boots...wifi fixer.. soft/hard reset... everything... and my wifi still wont turn on..and when it does... it keeps restarting the phone...any help...anyone????
    If it happened right after a factory data reset, I'm afraid that it's probably a hardware failure. Time for a new phone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where I can find this application flashlight to delete it?
    im having the same problem with my razr d3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would uninstalling previous updates be possible, to rule out a bad update from Verizon?

Would the updates become available again, if we were able to uninstall them?

I think my Maxx lost its Bluetooth and WiFi after an update, but can't confirm it. All I know is that I have the same issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you guys do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

I had this same issue on my Droid Maxx after 4.4.4 update. My bluetooth would no longer auto connect in my car and Wifi was bouncing on and off. My wifi locations would also disappear. I never intentionally used or turned on Daydream, but I think maybe the upgrade turned it on ???? If you go into your settings -> display -> daydream and turn off Daydream it may fix your issue. This seems to have fixed the issue for me. I must say I only turned this off about 6 hours ago, but my bluetooth and wifi have been back to normal in that timeframe.

Global Posts
    4,716 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody reported on another forum that a recent update to the CVS app caused his WiFi/BT problem. It's almost always caused either by a third party app or faulty hardware. It definitely isn't caused by any of the updates - too many of us who have had every update never had any WiFi/BT issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I had to deal with this issue for a long time. I had 3 of these phones all the same with the exception that one was an earlier model that had 32g of space instead of 8 or 16. I kept resetting the phone and the wifi and bluetooth would work for a very short time and then stop again. This problem only happened on the 32g version and so after months of uninstalling and reinstalling apps and resetting time and time again I decided since what I was doing was what most people considered the very definition of insanity I decided to give up. I pulled out a windows phone that a friend had given me and started using that. After a few months of using the Windows phone that hardware wise sounded awesome but because Windows 10 mobile is a ******* ****ty mobile OS (IMO...at least at the time of me writing this) I was sitting at starbucks one day watching peoples traffic and surfing the web. Previously when I had looked into why this was happening noone really had a reason but I guess that with time more and more people experienced this and as of today there is a couple of pages of people trying, some succeeding and some failing, to get the wifi and bluetooth functionality back. One said flashlight app, another said cvs app...so I basically uninstalled all the apps I could and restarted the phone....NO CHANGE. After sitting the thinking for a minute I decided that I was going to try to reset the phone one more time and after that if it did not work I was going to throw it in the damn trash. Well, I did a hard reset and as the phone came back up I saw the list of access points around me show up. YAY! But how long would it last? I signed in with my google account and let the phone pull my last backup from google and install all the apps that I last had on it. I noticed shortly after it finished that POOF...my wifi went out again. After first hearing that it was this app or that app and not seeing any of those apps on my phone I thought well, that can't be my problem then, right? Then an idea popped into my head. What if it was an app just not one of the ones I had seen mentioned before. Since the phone was redownloading all the apps I had previously and it was always after that point that my connectivity would once again cease I thought, what would happen if I didnt let google reinstall the backed up state of my phone? I did one more reset and this time I checked the box that told google not to do a restore. BAM! BOTH BLUETOOTH AND WIFI HAVE BEEN FINE EVER SINCE. Apparently everyone saying that it is an app issue has been half correct. While it may not always be the same app there does appear to be a correlation between the connectivity issue and some application. While I would really like to know which app it is, at this point I have wasted wayyy to much time on this issue to let google reinstall my apps and try to go back through and figure it out. All I know is if you have the same issue do a full reset and DO NOT let your phone restore any kind of backups....if you dont want to do this because you will not have your contacts then either do a partial restore or just do a manual backup of those certain things you absolutely need. Please let me know if anyone tries this and it does or does not work for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what happened? When you were on the phone to get it fixed? I'm currently having this problem. I followed everyone's comments about the flashlight app. But, I don't have a flashlight app on my phone. I uninstalled it a year ago.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Re: Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

Thank you so much guys. I've had the same issue, and my phone even froze when I tried to connect to wifi (the taskbar or toolbar or how is it called x'D it froze).
    I was kinda in doubt when I read this Tiny Flaslight stuff, I wouldn't have ever thought it will work !!! But still, I was like "why not, right"...so I uninstalled the Tiny Flaslight ( or it can be called LED too).... AND IT WORKED !! Thank you so much I was so, so scared.
    Once again, thank you!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast