Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

dt03457

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I thought I would add my 2 cents on the solution to this issue. Specifically, my issue was the Blue Tooth on my Droid MAXX, Android 4.4. When on the phone, the Blue Tooth would continually drop and then reconnect to the phone during a conversation to the point I just had to quit using it. I love Blue Tooth, so this aggravated me to no end. I found this forum and am happy to say the first fix I tried resolved the issue. I used the FXR WiFi fix and rescue app from the Google Play Store. Worked like a champ. It did erase all my WiFi connects, but that probably needed a good cleaning anyway.

Jim

Vaughn Munnings

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
i am also having the same issues with my wifi and blue tooth on my droid ultra... i dnt even have a flashlight app on my phone... i deleted it awhile ago... i have tryed everything that you can name... factory resets,, safe mode boots...wifi fixer.. soft/hard reset... everything... and my wifi still wont turn on..and when it does... it keeps restarting the phone...any help...anyone????

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i am also having the same issues with my wifi and blue tooth on my droid ultra... i dnt even have a flashlight app on my phone... i deleted it awhile ago... i have tryed everything that you can name... factory resets,, safe mode boots...wifi fixer.. soft/hard reset... everything... and my wifi still wont turn on..and when it does... it keeps restarting the phone...any help...anyone????

If it happened right after a factory data reset, I'm afraid that it's probably a hardware failure. Time for a new phone?

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Would uninstalling previous updates be possible, to rule out a bad update from Verizon?

Would the updates become available again, if we were able to uninstall them?

I think my Maxx lost its Bluetooth and WiFi after an update, but can't confirm it. All I know is that I have the same issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you guys do.

Rdroid66

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I had this same issue on my Droid Maxx after 4.4.4 update. My bluetooth would no longer auto connect in my car and Wifi was bouncing on and off. My wifi locations would also disappear. I never intentionally used or turned on Daydream, but I think maybe the upgrade turned it on ???? If you go into your settings -> display -> daydream and turn off Daydream it may fix your issue. This seems to have fixed the issue for me. I must say I only turned this off about 6 hours ago, but my bluetooth and wifi have been back to normal in that timeframe.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Somebody reported on another forum that a recent update to the CVS app caused his WiFi/BT problem. It's almost always caused either by a third party app or faulty hardware. It definitely isn't caused by any of the updates - too many of us who have had every update never had any WiFi/BT issues.

sh4dowpir4te

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I had to deal with this issue for a long time. I had 3 of these phones all the same with the exception that one was an earlier model that had 32g of space instead of 8 or 16. I kept resetting the phone and the wifi and bluetooth would work for a very short time and then stop again. This problem only happened on the 32g version and so after months of uninstalling and reinstalling apps and resetting time and time again I decided since what I was doing was what most people considered the very definition of insanity I decided to give up. I pulled out a windows phone that a friend had given me and started using that. After a few months of using the Windows phone that hardware wise sounded awesome but because Windows 10 mobile is a ******* ****ty mobile OS (IMO...at least at the time of me writing this) I was sitting at starbucks one day watching peoples traffic and surfing the web. Previously when I had looked into why this was happening noone really had a reason but I guess that with time more and more people experienced this and as of today there is a couple of pages of people trying, some succeeding and some failing, to get the wifi and bluetooth functionality back. One said flashlight app, another said cvs app...so I basically uninstalled all the apps I could and restarted the phone....NO CHANGE. After sitting the thinking for a minute I decided that I was going to try to reset the phone one more time and after that if it did not work I was going to throw it in the damn trash. Well, I did a hard reset and as the phone came back up I saw the list of access points around me show up. YAY! But how long would it last? I signed in with my google account and let the phone pull my last backup from google and install all the apps that I last had on it. I noticed shortly after it finished that POOF...my wifi went out again. After first hearing that it was this app or that app and not seeing any of those apps on my phone I thought well, that can't be my problem then, right? Then an idea popped into my head. What if it was an app just not one of the ones I had seen mentioned before. Since the phone was redownloading all the apps I had previously and it was always after that point that my connectivity would once again cease I thought, what would happen if I didnt let google reinstall the backed up state of my phone? I did one more reset and this time I checked the box that told google not to do a restore. BAM! BOTH BLUETOOTH AND WIFI HAVE BEEN FINE EVER SINCE. Apparently everyone saying that it is an app issue has been half correct. While it may not always be the same app there does appear to be a correlation between the connectivity issue and some application. While I would really like to know which app it is, at this point I have wasted wayyy to much time on this issue to let google reinstall my apps and try to go back through and figure it out. All I know is if you have the same issue do a full reset and DO NOT let your phone restore any kind of backups....if you dont want to do this because you will not have your contacts then either do a partial restore or just do a manual backup of those certain things you absolutely need. Please let me know if anyone tries this and it does or does not work for them.

tlcmom

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
So, what happened? When you were on the phone to get it fixed? I'm currently having this problem. I followed everyone's comments about the flashlight app. But, I don't have a flashlight app on my phone. I uninstalled it a year ago.
Thanks

sasorimester8

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much guys. I've had the same issue, and my phone even froze when I tried to connect to wifi (the taskbar or toolbar or how is it called x'D it froze).
I was kinda in doubt when I read this Tiny Flaslight stuff, I wouldn't have ever thought it will work !!! But still, I was like "why not, right"...so I uninstalled the Tiny Flaslight ( or it can be called LED too).... AND IT WORKED !! Thank you so much :) I was so, so scared.
Once again, thank you! :cool::cool::cool:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No, Trusted Devices is related to Smart Lock, which is an Android feature. Tiny Flashlight is an app that you would have installed. Look for it in the Settings>Apps​ menu.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you remove the flashlight app?

This is a forum for the Motorola Droid Maxx, which does not come with a flashlight app - so, you have to install your own flashlight app. You remove it the same way that you'd remove any app that you installed from the Play Store (or installed from another source.)

At this point, though, this issue is a few years old. I'm not sure that this is the cause of issues with WiFi/Bluetooth anymore?

Carissa Minissale

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
This is a forum for the Motorola Droid Maxx, which does not come with a flashlight app - so, you have to install your own flashlight app. You remove it the same way that you'd remove any app that you installed from the Play Store (or installed from another source.)

At this point, though, this issue is a few years old. I'm not sure that this is the cause of issues with WiFi/Bluetooth anymore?

I'm actually still having this issue.... Android 4.4 Le Pan tablet, I got to switch wifi or bt on and it tries for a couple seconds then goes back to off. Sometimes it won't even let me click it on at all, the button is completely faded out. Help!

Ranvir Singh2

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

If you don't know what the Franco kernel is then you haven't flashed it, the only thing I can think of is if you've rooted your device and disabled some of the system apps then that can cause bluetooth and/or wifi to stop working but if you've not rooted then you'll have to wait for a few more people to view the post and get another opinion.... Sorry pal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue.
But i have rooted my android jellybean device and done nothing after that.
Plzzz help me to fix the problem.