Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

goodluckboyz

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Out of nowhere my bluetooth and wifi will not turn on. When you go to slide over to wifi on and slides back to off.
I have a Droid Maxx and the Wi-Fi mac address is unavailable...
Im running Android Version 4.4.

Any word on how to fix this issue??? Is anyone going through the same thing???

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

Out of nowhere my bluetooth and wifi will not turn on. When you go to slide over to wifi on and slides back to off.
I have a Droid Maxx and the Wi-Fi mac address is unavailable...
Im running Android Version 4.4.

Any word on how to fix this issue??? Is anyone going through the same thing???

Thanks in advance

Have you rooted your device and flashed a new kernel because that happened to me (with the bluetooth) when I flashed the Franco kernel...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

goodluckboyz

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I feel real dumb... Dont know about that. Is this a program? I did a factory reset and nothing.... smh
Hate to bother, but can you walk me thru the process that you think will work?

Thanks @xceeder

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I feel real dumb... Dont know about that. Is this a program? I did a factory reset and nothing.... smh
Hate to bother, but can you walk me thru the process that you think will work?

Thanks @xceeder

If you don't know what the Franco kernel is then you haven't flashed it, the only thing I can think of is if you've rooted your device and disabled some of the system apps then that can cause bluetooth and/or wifi to stop working but if you've not rooted then you'll have to wait for a few more people to view the post and get another opinion.... Sorry pal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

goodluckboyz

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

no problem, thanks for trying. I havent rooted it nor (what i believe) changed anything. And because its the Motorola Maxx, you cane take the bat. out . smh

goodluckboyz

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

On phone with verizon this morning as the tech is on the phone with motorola to address the issue. Anyone has had the same issue as me???? is so stay tune as I hope to get this fixed

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

On phone with verizon this morning as the tech is on the phone with motorola to address the issue. Anyone has had the same issue as me???? is so stay tune as I hope to get this fixed

I've read about other people with this problem, but my phone has never had it happen. Thankfully; I use BT and WiFi almost all day most days... if there is a resolution, I'd love to read what it is, though.

Julieilene1

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just found your post because my phone started doing the exact same thing yesterday or the day before. I have rebooted it by pressing the power and home button at the same time. I can sometimes get the wifi on for a little while and then it turns off again and I cannot get it to turn on. I just tried the bluetooth, which I rarely use, and it will not turn on either. Please let me know if you find a fix. Thanks!

Raymond Rivera2

May 20, 2014
Visit site
hey I just seen ur message and if ur still having problems I just found something that might help out go to google play or what u download apps at and downlad fxr wifi fix and rescue

adam 968

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I read somewhere that you had to give it a good slap and then it started working again. That helped a few times but now I can't get it working no matter how hard I hit it.
Mine is rooted, however, not by me.
My daughter threw it on some marble steps so I thought this might be a contact problem. Is it possible that it is the software?

I would be very important to me as I am currently living in Europe and nobody wants to service the phone.

Thanks for any help.
cheers
adam

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. This has happened before. Rebooting doesn't help. After a while, it started connecting again. It shows my wifi as on, but when I select the network to join, it acts like it is connecting, but never does.

JSasse

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm suddenly having this same issue. If I try to toggle WiFi or Bluetooth it appears to try for a couple of seconds and then reacts as if I toggled it back off. My phone is stock and rebooting has no effect. This is my second MAXX my last one had the camera fail, only the front facing camera would work, hopefully I'm not 0-2 here.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Had this problem for the first time today. Was at home and noticed WiFi had not connected. My WiFi was turned off for some reason, turned it on, connected and it would not stay connected. A reboot fixed the issue but I'm hoping this isn't a chronic problem as it could become annoying.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
anyone with this issue--> I leave Wifi on all the time, there are hot spots provided by local cable company and I have it at home and in the office I work at. When I leave for a trip and out of "range" obviously its not connect. when I return back to the office it connects to the free cable wifi while outside but once back in the office it will stay connected to a low free signal and not connect to a stronger signal in the office unless I open wifi and select the office wifi system. very annoying.

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Xanth... Couple of things to try. In the wifi settings, hit the overflow button (3 vertical dots, bottom right,) choose advanced and then check off "Avoid Poor Connection.) Also, (or alternatively,) hit the overflow button, choose Manage Networks, use the arrow buttons at the left to drag your work network above the cable wifi network.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LSOUTH

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? My wifi and bluetooth worked fine until I updated. Now it just did a update on the phone today and still it doesn't work. :mad:

Suhas Bk

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys try this. Fxr wifi fix from google play store. This possibly will fix the bluetooth issue and wifi will start turning on. But it will not scan for networks.
Atleast the bluetooth and wifi will turn to green. I tried it today and its working perfectly

I had issue with bluetooth and wifi which was not turning on. Now that issue got fixed. I am pretty sure this works for everyone. Reply back on my suggesstion.:D:)

FlorisJan

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem; I couldn't turn on wifi and bluetooth, when swiping the button to on, it automatically turned back to off after a few seconds. I tried booting in safe mode which didn't help.

For some reason the problem is gone when I uninstall the 'Tiny Flashlight' app. After having wifi working again I reinstalled the 'Tiny Flashight' app and the wifi and bluetooth problem came back after half a day.

I don't know if the problem is caused by the flashlight app, maybe it's and conflict with the flash light app caused by android itself.

Hope this works for you!

Cheers!