New Maxx.... Defective battery?

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new maxx over a week ago and I'm frankly disappointed with the battery. I am very scrupulous with my usage, brightness, connections, etc. and with moderate use it is worse than my old razr maxx phone... only lasts a day (without using that much!). Should I ask the store for a different maxx, or is this normal? How can I find out?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Your battery does need a break in period of 4 or 5 charge cycles (which you have already passed). So, now, you are roughly in the period where you should see some battery improvement.

However, is there anyway you can post some screenshots of the battery stats so we can see what is going on?

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I'm a moron. I googled taking a screenshot on android maxx... followed instruction... held down power and volume down button... phone restarted. How exactly can i show you these stats?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm a moron. I googled taking a screenshot on android maxx... followed instruction... held down power and volume down button... phone restarted. How exactly can i show you these stats?

Those should be the right steps. You might of accidently hit the power button before the volume button. They do need to be simultaneous.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
sorry... it really just restarts. As if I was just holding the power button down. pressing the volume down button doesn't seem to have an effect.

Press the volume button and the power button at the same exact time. This should take a screenshot. If you don't hear the click and see a flash animation within a second, let go of the buttons and try again.

Go into settings / battery. This will list the items that are using the battery the most. A screenshot of that would be good. If you tap the graph at the top, it will show some more data, including awake time. If there is a lot of blue bar there, you have an app or service that is holding the phone awake. If mobile network signal has a lot of red, you have a problem with your connection to the cell network, which can kill the battery fast, too. Anyway, that page would be good to take a screenshot of as well.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My Maxx took a big hit to battery life with the 4.4 update (basically from 2 days to 1 day). Supposedly 4.4.2 which we should be getting soon improves battery life.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how you use your phone. 4.4 don't affect my phone at all. I'm debloated and running 4.4.2 radios.

zyma4yny.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish