Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Maxx.... Defective battery?

I bought a new maxx over a week ago and I'm frankly disappointed with the battery. I am very scrupulous with my usage, brightness, connections, etc. and with moderate use it is worse than my old razr maxx phone... only lasts a day (without using that much!). Should I ask the store for a different maxx, or is this normal? How can I find out?

Global Posts
    25,839 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: New Maxx.... Defective battery?

Welcome to the forums.
    Your battery does need a break in period of 4 or 5 charge cycles (which you have already passed). So, now, you are roughly in the period where you should see some battery improvement.

However, is there anyway you can post some screenshots of the battery stats so we can see what is going on?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry I'm a moron. I googled taking a screenshot on android maxx... followed instruction... held down power and volume down button... phone restarted. How exactly can i show you these stats?

Global Posts
    25,839 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoStDuBois View Post
    Sorry I'm a moron. I googled taking a screenshot on android maxx... followed instruction... held down power and volume down button... phone restarted. How exactly can i show you these stats?
    Those should be the right steps. You might of accidently hit the power button before the volume button. They do need to be simultaneous.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

sorry... it really just restarts. As if I was just holding the power button down. pressing the volume down button doesn't seem to have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoStDuBois View Post
    sorry... it really just restarts. As if I was just holding the power button down. pressing the volume down button doesn't seem to have an effect.
    Press the volume button and the power button at the same exact time. This should take a screenshot. If you don't hear the click and see a flash animation within a second, let go of the buttons and try again.

Go into settings / battery. This will list the items that are using the battery the most. A screenshot of that would be good. If you tap the graph at the top, it will show some more data, including awake time. If there is a lot of blue bar there, you have an app or service that is holding the phone awake. If mobile network signal has a lot of red, you have a problem with your connection to the cell network, which can kill the battery fast, too. Anyway, that page would be good to take a screenshot of as well.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

My Maxx took a big hit to battery life with the 4.4 update (basically from 2 days to 1 day). Supposedly 4.4.2 which we should be getting soon improves battery life.

Depends on how you use your phone. 4.4 don't affect my phone at all. I'm debloated and running 4.4.2 radios.