News on 4.4.x update for the Droid Maxx (No clear date still)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, as like most of you, I have been severely disappointed with the upgrade pattern for the Droid Maxx. I have been getting all sorts of round about answers in regards to this. Thankfully, Punit Soni has been kind enough to answer my disgruntled and dis-satisfied stance on this model.

One thing he pointed out and I'm happy that he acknowledged it is that they know that the battle between them and Verizon is tough, but he knows that their job is to bring the latest and greatest software regardless if it is in or out of their control. With that being said, I still haven't gotten a concrete answer as to when we could expect the update.

https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/Ukc61bfdYTz

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Device is currently running reliably and stable so for me I'm not sure that I'd welcome an update that could very well make what is working well unstable.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, now we know that it'll be a few more weeks. So, that means that by the end of May we'll probably have an update? I can live with that. I don't care so much about what the version number is as I do about getting bugs squashed. Too bad about the blue icons, though. I actually use that all of the time to verify that I have connectivity.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
What share bug? Can you explain?

I'm not sure if this is it, but I know that there is a bug in 4.4 where at some point, randomly, trying to share something in any app will only share it using one app in your share intents, and not let you choose another. So, for example, if you are looking at a photo and hit share it will just share it to Instagram, say, and won't let you choose another app. You can fix this by going into settings / apps, tapping the overflow menu, and tapping "reset app preferences". It doesn't happen to everybody - it's never happened to me - but it's a known 4.4 bug.