Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Maxx can't hold a data connection

Well, I guess I'm in the minority but I really can't stand this new Maxx. I have a 2 year old RAZR Maxx that I love. But adding a new Droid Maxx as a second phone was a mistake. I live in a remote location with a single tower, but I am only about 200 yards from it. Other phones get a consistent 90dBm all the time. This one jumps between that and zero, or no 3g at all. Often I can watch the data go to 1x or just quit completely. Factory reset or cache partition wipe has no effect. About the only thing I can think of is that the new phone number has a different prefix because they told me they didn't have any more numbers in my area. I've called tech support several times and replaced the Sim card with no improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Maxx can't hold a data connection

Ask for replacement or extender. We have a similar problem and my wife's Maxx works as well as my Note 2. Don't give up, the Maxx is really a great phone. When you get it working properly add a Tylt Vu wireless charger. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk