Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera issues......

My camera is constantly shutting down or will not start. Not even close to max memory and no apps running. No other issues with the phone. Any ideas? Much appreciated!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    21,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Camera issues......

Try going into Settings>Apps>swipe over to All Apps>scroll down to Camera and click clear cache. See if that helps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    poppapico69 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I cleared the cache but seems to have not fixed. When I start up the camera, it comes up black, no picture for about ten seconds and then says "camera error - please restart camera". Two or three times on a row and nothing.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It worked the 5th time lol..... Seems to work whenever it feels like it. Didn't have any other apps up recently if that helps.

I'm having huge problems with my camera and I'm going on vacation in 3 days! The camera just won't work. I've cleared the cache, uninstalled updates, etc. I'm so annoyed because I tend to use my phone as my primary camera now. Any ideas?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My Wife's Maxx was having similar camera problems. Wiping the cache partition worked once for about 24 hours. She went to a Verizon store and received a CLN replacement phone.

The most aggravating thing about the camera failure beyond geting the new phone was Motorola Migrate wouldn't work, because the camera on the old phone failed.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It sucks. I will try the store but they are usually idiots. Wonder if there is an app to replace the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    My Wife's Maxx was having similar camera problems. Wiping the cache partition worked once for about 24 hours. She went to a Verizon store and received a CLN replacement phone.

The most aggravating thing about the camera failure beyond geting the new phone was Motorola Migrate wouldn't work, because the camera on the old phone failed.
    What is a CLN????

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Certified like new = CLR. It means a replacement phone that is refurbished and like new.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app