Google Voice Search say "No Phone Number Saved" When trying to call someone

brianalley

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am getting and error when I try to say Call persons name Mobile or Home or Work that says No Phone Number Saved. If I say Call persons name then it asks which number and will dial. It used to work but stopped working. How can I get it back to working about. It happens either I say Ok Google Now or touch the microphone on the search bar on my homescreen.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into the play market and uninstall the updates to certain system files, then freshly installing the updates?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do it the second way, if it works.

The way you describe works for me, though. Are these Google contacts, unsynced local phone contacts, or synced with another service? My contacts are all Google contacts.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
They are contacts that got synced locally to the phone from our Exchange server at work. That is where all the contacts are at.

I assume, then, that the work, mobile, home fields only work with Google or local contacts then, and maybe it has a problem with Activesync contacts.

You could test this, I guess, by creating a test contact on the phone with a test name and populate the different number fields and see if it works when you try touchless controls to dial.

brianalley

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I created a contact with number in each of the fields and still having the same problem. I did 2 contacts (with different names) one synced with GMail and other was just a local contact not backup to anything.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, it works for me.

If saying Call person's name, waiting for it to ask for which number, and saying work or mobile works, then is that not a workable work-around?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, it works for me.

If saying Call person's name, waiting for it to ask for which number, and saying work or mobile works, then is that not a workable work-around?

Same thing started happening to me the other day with a contact that's always worked in the past.

The only workaround I've found is to open it with the Touchless control feature instead of Google now.

I have not experienced this issue other contacts, but I haven't tested it with all of them obviously .

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app