Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turning off 4G on the Maxx?

I searched and wasn't able to find an answer that works. Has anyone figured out how to reliably turn off 4G LTE on the newest Droid Maxx? My older version it was simple, but my new phone they have removed that option. Tried the Dial *#*#4636#*#* trick and it doesn't seem to do anything. Tried 4G on/off for Thunderbolt and doesn't show the option to turn off 4G. Help?

TIA

Default Re: Turning off 4G on the Maxx?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gnalinfo&hl=en Advanced Signal Status
    Use This App once opened scroll to bottom click additional info then click phone information then scroll to middle of page on drop down box click CDMA auto (PRL) that will lock you to 3g/1x i hope this helps

That app will only work on rooted phones, right?

It works on phones that aren't rooted. Currently use it on my phone, works fine.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Use app lteoffon. But it won't hold after a reboot. And fyi I've tested battery life and there's no improvement running 3G only...

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Quote Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
    Use app lteoffon. But it won't hold after a reboot. And fyi I've tested battery life and there's no improvement running 3G only... .
    Maybe for you, but I live in a place with a weak signal, and it constantly switches between LTE and 3G. Would switching off LTE help in an area like that?

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Maybe for you, but I live in a place with a weak signal, and it constantly switches between LTE and 3G. Would switching off LTE help in an area like that?
    That would all depend. Are you connected to wifi? If so I'd let it go. If not, I guess I'd use GravityBox smart radio and set 3G to default so a reboot doesn't affect it.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.