Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Head / Ear Phones

Does anyone know of in-ear or over ear headphones for Android that sound great and also include a chord w/ volume / call / music controls? I know the Bose in-ears only control phone and I believe Beats do only the same.

The most important thing is music sound quality, however.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Head / Ear Phones

Well, they are pricey, but Bluetooth Jaybird Bluebuds X are fantastic. The play/pause works fine - a long press launches "OK Google Now" - and the volume buttons work as well. Long-press of the volume up/down buttons does a skip forward/back. I run with mine, and the nano-coating water resistance was a big plus. I go through headphones a lot.

However, I was using some Bose earbuds with the iPhone controls, and the play/pause worked fine for me (until the headphone jack stopped registering button presses, hence the purchase of the BT earbuds). I used them with Pocketcasts (mostly) and Google Play Music, and they always worked. I know Pocketcasts has specific settings for responding to external controls, and Play Music just does it. In fact, Play Music, most annoyingly, started responding to button presses when I was listening to Pocketcasts, so I found an app called Headset Button Controller, which allows you to do things like double-tap the play/pause for skip forward, triple-tap for skip back (etc. - all configurable). I could never get the volume controls to work with that app, but the volume buttons on the device are pretty accessible, so I just used those.

Headset Button Controller: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....headsetbutton (there is also a trial version)
    Jaybird Bluebuds X: Amazon.com: JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Default Re: Head / Ear Phones

No. But I love my urbanears medis. If you're rooted you can program extra actions into your regular volume buttons on the phone.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.