Only available in 16gb?!?!

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I hate you, Verizon...

I know that the Droid Maxx was available in 32gb last week, but when they announced the 16gb version, I can't find the 32gb on the Verizon website. When I chatted with a Verizon employee, they said they only have a 16gb version. Anybody know if that's true? I really hope it isn't because my phone resets in 5 days and I really want the 32gb Maxx...

03sp500

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got one yesterday, get to cust support and have them find one at a local company store. then go get it. they are still out there. you cant get one online but the stores still have some inventory. hope it helps

cheers

anon(1458)

Oct 2, 2009
www.facebook.com
I went to my local Verizon store two days ago. I had HAD it with my G2 and the rep really helped me decide on the Maxx. I got it in the 32 GB. You may just have to go into a store to get it.

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm definitely getting the Maxx. I need that battery life. I'm just trying to figure out if I should just buy it at the store or order it off Amazon. If I buy it in the store, can I just wait until Monday to upgrade my current plan to this phone, or must be it be immediately. Also, I only have a micro-SIM card. How do I go about getting a Nano one?

Sorry for the many questions, but I trust this forums and thought it would be a good place to ask away.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
16 gbs is ridiculous ... especially without an SD card.

So, what happens if I need to replace my phone through insurance? I'll get a 16 gb phone when 32 is not even enough for me.

Really dumb!!

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I went to my nearby Verizon store and they had a 32gb version, but it was $225! That's way too much. Anything I can do with that? Actually, I think I'll just order it on Amazon...

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Droid maxx is still on mototradeup.com doesn't say limited only to 32gb either. Make sure you take advantage up to 30 days from purchase by going to a corporate store and use promo code MOTOJB100. Ask for a manager and you'll receive a $100 account credit. I'm not entirely sure this would work the same way if purchased from Amazon. I got a motorola Admiral for under $20 on eBay.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Stu Knod

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a 32gb Droid Maxx today however my local VERIZON owned retail store tried to push me into a 16gb phone. I stuck to my guns then suddenly they were able to find several from another local store. Price was $149.99 / 32gb, ($99.99 / 16gb). I'll nit-pick and mention a complaint with the hope that someone may take advantage where I couldn't. Comcast/Xfinity is, (was), offering a Visa debit card for qualified customers with a new 2 year activation on Verizon wireless. I've been with Verizon for 10 years and Comcast even longer. I qualified for a $200 Visa gift card HOWEVER that is ONLY if the order was placed through the proper channel, over the phone, and ordering the phone through said channel and waiting for mail delivery, (all reasonable enough). My problem was that the 32gb Maxx were "out of stock and they had no plans of reordering". Basically, if I wanted the $200 gift card I had to settle for a smaller memory or different phone altogether. So being a loyal consumer who pays his Verizon and Comcast bill on time got me a BIG NOTHING!

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a 32gb Droid Maxx today however my local VERIZON owned retail store tried to push me into a 16gb phone. I stuck to my guns then suddenly they were able to find several from another local store. Price was $149.99 / 32gb, ($99.99 / 16gb). I'll nit-pick and mention a complaint with the hope that someone may take advantage where I couldn't. Comcast/Xfinity is, (was), offering a Visa debit card for qualified customers with a new 2 year activation on Verizon wireless. I've been with Verizon for 10 years and Comcast even longer. I qualified for a $200 Visa gift card HOWEVER that is ONLY if the order was placed through the proper channel, over the phone, and ordering the phone through said channel and waiting for mail delivery, (all reasonable enough). My problem was that the 32gb Maxx were "out of stock and they had no plans of reordering". Basically, if I wanted the $200 gift card I had to settle for a smaller memory or different phone altogether. So being a loyal consumer who pays his Verizon and Comcast bill on time got me a BIG NOTHING!

That's fine. You can still do a moto trade up. Go on eBay buy a motorola Admiral for under 20 bucks. Take it into corporate store mention promo code MOTOJB100. You'll get $100 account credit!

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae