Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newbeginning828
  • 1 Post By jfriend33
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DROID MAXX: Motorola Connect not working

So I was using Motorola Connect on my MAXX up until a month or two ago when it will no longer connect to my Chrome. I have tried to turn off, log out, reinstall, etc...

Anyone else have this issue? I was a huge fan of being able to read and reply to text messages on my computer.

Cheers!

Default Re: Motorola Connect

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post
    So I was using Motorola Connect on my MAXX up until a month or two ago when it will no longer connect to my Chrome. I have tried to turn off, log out, reinstall, etc...

Anyone else have this issue? I was a huge fan of being able to read and reply to text messages on my computer.

Cheers!
    Do you have another machine to test it on?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Do you have another machine to test it on?
    At home, it's just weird that my work computer worked flawlessly for months. I will test it there tonight.

I've never been able, to get Motorola connect to work with my computer. I'm at a loss with this, I would really like for it to work thought. I've tried, everything I can think of.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post

Cheers!
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I had to uninstall Motorola Connect from Chrome and reinstall. It's been working fine since.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I had to uninstall Motorola Connect from Chrome and reinstall. It's been working fine since.

Can also confirm I had the same issue and had to do the same thing.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
    newbeginning828 likes this.

I have tried uninstalling etc etc and it still wont connect. It's a shame, I thought it was a brilliant feature.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I have tried uninstalling multiple times and it doesn't work for me.

I had some downtime earlier. A refresh 15 minutes later got everything synced back up.

Mc just started working again this afternoon for me :-D

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

There was a story on droid-life yesterday that this was down for everybody for a few days, though it's coming back up for some. No official word from Moto about it, though. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/28...down-for-days/

https://plus.google.com/112434484755...ts/5QLNZ5hDJRC

Motorola Connect users, if you saw some connectivity problems over the last day or so, we did have a server issue that affected some users & has now been corrected. If you still see the problem, go to Settings -> Motorola Connect and toggle the service off/on again and that should restore you. Thanks!
    doogald likes this.

Hello everyone, is anybody else having issues with connect not working? I just started to try using it yesterday for the first time after the update, and no go. I've tried all the usual things already, reboot phone, computer, uninstall updates on the app, uninstall extension, sign in/out multiple times of the extension. I'm completely lost with what else to try. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks...

Tim

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: DROID MAXX: Motorola Connect not working

I had had some issues. In the end I (in this order) Signed out on the phone, started but didn't complete the sign in to a different account on the phone, uninstalled the Chrome extension, reinstalled the chrome extension, signed back in to the correct account on the phone, signed back into the correct account through the chrome extension.

This did work for me, but of course YMMV.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Default Re: DROID MAXX: Motorola Connect not working

Try going to Settings>Motorola Device ID and tap the menu and Unlink account. Then sign out of the Connect on your computer. Then re-link your phone to your gmail account, then log in again on your computer. This was my workflow to get the initial problem to work. It has been spotty for the last 2 days, and I have had to Unlink a couple of times per day. Has been working again for the last few hours. As with lebem, your mileage may vary...

Cheers!