Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about update path

Hey guys, I never applied the initial KitKat update for my Maxx. I'm running stock 4.2.2.

Once the 4.4.2 update begins rolling out, what will happen? Will I need to apply the 4.4 update then apply the 4.4.2 update? I assume that is the case, but will I even receive the 4.4.2 notification if I don't install 4.4?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Question about update path

I am almost 100% sure that the phone will need to apply the 4.4 update before you can apply anything new. As far as I know, the OTA updates are "deltas" - they provide updates to files that have changed in the firmware on the phone, and no changes to files that haven't changed, rather than replacing every file.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Re: Question about update path

We have piles of Razr Maxx and Razr Maxx HDs at work and when we have to do replacement setups the updates roll out in sequence. So plan to see Andy get heartburn a couple times. I don't recall if there are extra Verizon updates in the mix. We have a bunch of new Maxx devices also, but they are 4.4 as-received. Setup five of them on 5-5 and there were no OTA updates.