where is the screen on time stat?

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't checked in a while, but today I used my MAXX pretty heavily and wanted to see the screen on time. I went to settings, then battery. Usually under the graph it shows what apps and systems are using the battery and screen is one of them. Then you can tap screen to get the screen on time. Problem is, on my phone, none of those things are listed, I just see the graph. Does anybody else have this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't checked in a while, but today I used my MAXX pretty heavily and wanted to see the screen on time. I went to settings, then battery, then clicked on the graph which I thought used to show screen on time. All I see is the chopped up bars representing which things used the battery and when. Can someone remind me where the screen on time stat is?

It's just the settings / battery main page. One of the items listed under the graph (if screen was one of the top items burning battery; it's called "Screen") when tapped will show the amount of time screen was on. If you touch the graph, there are a number of items listed - the second from the bottom shows bars when the screen was on since the last time the battery was considered fully charged, though it doesn't give total time on that display.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
It's just the settings / battery main page. One of the items listed under the graph (if screen was one of the top items burning battery; it's called "Screen") when tapped will show the amount of time screen was on. If you touch the graph, there are a number of items listed - the second from the bottom shows bars when the screen was on since the last time the battery was considered fully charged, though it doesn't give total time on that display.

That's just it- I don't see any of those items anymore for some reason. When I click settings > battery all that is there is the initial graph. Things like screen and android system are not showing! It's really weird. I rebooted but that didn't work. I'm not rooted, so I don't think I could have disabled something, could I?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's just it- I don't see any of those items anymore for some reason. When I click settings > battery all that is there is the initial graph. Things like screen and android system are not showing! It's really weird. I rebooted but that didn't work. I'm not rooted, so I don't think I could have disabled something, could I?

Welcome to Android Central! Does the graph fill the whole screen, or only the top half? Can you post a screenshot?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

At the top left there should be a control to go back, to the left of where it says "history details". Tap that if you see it.

But, even unrooted, you can disable apps. From home go to settings / apps. Slide to "disabled". If there is anything there, tap it and choose to enable. see if that fixes it, if tapping the back control next to "history details" doesn't.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Weird- it's back. After a full recharge overnight and then a reboot everything seems back to normal.