Motorola Device I.D. Authentication Error

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Love trying to work out the bugs in a new phone,

so whats this mean, been happening for the past 2 weeks, just tap it on its gone but comes back every 24-48 hours.

Software error, error on my end, glitch?

Thanks

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
This just started happening to me today. I have not experienced it before.

I "touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID" and the notification goes away. But it returns upon rebooting.

I'm still running stock Jelly Bean.

Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but I cannot access the Play Store. The app just sits on a white screen, endlessly loading.

Any ideas?

Macheist

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
This just started happening to me today. I have not experienced it before.

I "touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID" and the notification goes away. But it returns upon rebooting.

I'm still running stock Jelly Bean.

Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but I cannot access the Play Store. The app just sits on a white screen, endlessly loading.

Any ideas?

No solution, but I am having the same exact issues. I suspect it may have something to do with the update I did earlier in the week to 19.6.3, but I could be wrong.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont think its a 19.6.3 issue I just got the upgrade today, and have had the phone for 3 weeks now. must be a bug in the code.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty clear from other threads posted today (the update showing no connection errors, Motorola Connect not working) that Motorola is having server issues, and I am sure the Moto ID thing is related.

If you want to stop the error, go to Settings / Motorola ID. You can unlink the account from there (hit the overflow menu top right) for now (I did permanently a few months ago; I don't miss it at all.) I would think that would stop the notifications.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Moto servers and Google play Services are both having issues today. Some people are saying they've been fixed but some people are still having problems. Should be cleared up shortly though.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My Play Store is working again.

Not sure about the Moto ID issue, but I rebooted and the notification did not return. So maybe it's fixed, too.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The Motorola error and Google Play error were similar and related. Your Google ID is used to sign into Moto servers. When Google servers go down Motor errors crop up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Love trying to work out the bugs in a new phone,

so whats this mean, been happening for the past 2 weeks, just tap it on its gone but comes back every 24-48 hours.

Software error, error on my end, glitch?

Thanks

This has actually been an issue for quite some time. I know there is at least one thread here that has lots of posts about it. One person said they seemed to notice it when they went through an area with no data signal. I think that might be right because I'm a teacher and in my area of the school I get no signal at all (phone or data) and if I don't put the phone on airplane mode I get those notifications all day.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc