Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Default Battery since May OTA

My battery isn't lasting as long since taking the new update...took the update about a week ago, so the phone has settled in. Anybody else?

Thanks,
    Chief

Default Re: Battery since May OTA

Mine is about the same, but it went down with the original 4.4 update.

I did clear the cache partition and that cleared up a few hiccups I had.

Same issue for me. Seems like the battery is about the same when I'm using the phone, but drains faster in standby than it did pre-update.

To me, it seems like the first 10 present goes supper fast. But then it seams to level out somewhat. Anyone else notice this.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    Thanked by:
    jesta192 likes this.

It's only been a day, but battery life seems exactly the same so far with 19.6.3.

I commented on another thread that after 3 days with the update my battery life had been better than it had been in a long time with the exact same usage, locations and conditions. I've gained about 18-20% battery back. When I first got my Maxx at launch I would go home after work with 78%on battery left everyday. Before the last update I went home with 60-62% of my battery left each day. I'm now back to 78-80% each day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Pretty much the same for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery since May OTA-1400450477237.jpg   Battery since May OTA-1400450491619.jpg  

Count me in with the "my battery is worse" crowd. Disappointed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Toes Up View Post
    Count me in with the "my battery is worse" crowd. Disappointed so far.
    Count me in too! Here's a few screen shots of my battery usage for today. Pretty much SUCKS!

I've noticed, that I have something, keeping my phone awake. I have GSam battery already installed. I'm seriously, considering doing a factory reset, to see if that helps out with the battery. Battery since May OTA-uploadfromtaptalk1400579201391.jpgBattery since May OTA-uploadfromtaptalk1400579214631.jpg

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

My battery seems to be lasting considerably longer since last update. The original 4.4 hurt battery life this new update improved it back to original life span.

Posted via Android Central App

To be honest since I got the MAXX I have not really paid any attention to the battery life because you just don't need to. This is a typical discussion after any OTA with any phone people complaining about how the battery is worse and then those that are raving about how good it is. Just my 2 pennies.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret
    hub1 and Hgouck like this.

I was one of the people on these forums talking about how my Maxx's battery life was worse after the most recent update. And it was worse. The first 3-4 days after the update, the battery life was markedly worse, particularly in standby. However, I am now 5-6 days out from the update and my battery is back to normal, if not better. For those who just installed the update within the past few days, give it a couple of days to settle and then let us know.
    Thanked by 2:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Think I might have found the issue...at least for me.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/20...king-on-a-fix/
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    Think I might have found the issue...at least for me.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/20...king-on-a-fix/
    Hmm, it might be worth going back to the stock messaging app to see if I see a difference. The thing is that I recently factory reset so I don't have a lot of large conversations.

Thanks for sharing the post.
    Thanked by:
    T-Rob 

Yeah I have never liked the SMS integration with hangouts and thought that it drug the phone down. It's good for video calls. I switched to the VZW messaging app and really like the customization and the Glympse feature is pretty cool also, it has come a long way, and it works pretty well I have to say. It's one of the few VZW apps I do use.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret

Quote Originally Posted by perkdog65 View Post
    Yeah I have never liked the SMS integration with hangouts and thought that it drug the phone down. It's good for video calls. I switched to the VZW messaging app and really like the customization and the Glympse feature is pretty cool also, it has come a long way, and it works pretty well I have to say. It's one of the few VZW apps I do use.
    To be honest, I prefer Hangouts to messaging, especially for mms. Messaging does that weird slide show thing when somebody sends you multiple photos. That said, that happens once in a few months for me.

I did use the vzw messaging app on an older phone that I rooted; the ROM I was running didn't receive mms but it worked with that app. Maybe I'll try it again...

For whatever reason, today my battery life has probably been the best I've ever gotten. And this is about a week and a half after receiving the update.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery since May OTA-1401085267619.jpg   Battery since May OTA-1401085282749.jpg  

Ever since I got my replacement MAXX back in January, my highest usage is almost always Android OS. While I'm not too concerned as I still make it through a day, it does bother me. Hoping the 4.4.2 update (eventually) fixes this, but any other thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery since May OTA-1401144468786.jpg   Battery since May OTA-1401144479795.jpg  

I noticed the "Battery Saver" toggle won't stay on. My battery life still sucks. Not getting any better.

Quote Originally Posted by silverback View Post
    I noticed the "Battery Saver" toggle won't stay on. My battery life still sucks. Not getting any better.

Did you disable Moto Assist?

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

What does battery saver do?

Thanks,
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by beeare View Post
    Did you disable Moto Assist?

Yes. I didn't think that would be tied to the battery saver. Oh well, no big deal. I dislike assist.

Here is what fixed my battery life. I went to settings/developer options/ changed run time to ART.
    Takes a while to reboot. Once this was done im back to having battery for 2 days or more. I read that ART is in beta and some apps may not work with it. So far all my apps are fine and battery life is back to how it should be. Hope it works for you.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamax View Post
    Here is what fixed my battery life. I went to settings/developer options/ changed run time to ART.
    Takes a while to reboot. Once this was done im back to having battery for 2 days or more. I read that ART is in beta and some apps may not work with it. So far all my apps are fine and battery life is back to how it should be. Hope it works for you.
    I'll give her a try. Thanks, Kamax!

Hope it works as well for you. Ive been on battery for 39 hours and just hit 50%. I haven't been using the phone a ton as Ive been working but it was no where near this before I switched to ART. I was lucky to get 24 hours on one charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast