XLTE for Droid Maxx

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
So if I read it right Droid Maxx users should be able to enjoy new XLTE speeds in select cities. I understand this requires 700 MHz radio which I believe MAXX had. Am I right and is there a list of cities yet?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
So if I read it right Droid Maxx users should be able to enjoy new XLTE speeds in select cities. I understand this requires 700 MHz radio which I believe MAXX had. Am I right and is there a list of cities yet?

Well, I think it would be much more fruitful to you if you have posted this over to the XLTE forum because I don't think anyone here can confirm this.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
XLTE is just rebranding for the AWS band 4 spectrum that Verizon started turning on last year. The Maxx has supported that band since the OTA that was sent out last November.

It's not 700 MHz - that's Verizon's normal LTE band. I believe it's 1700/2100 MHz (1700 uplink and 2100 downlink). I don't know about a list of cities - I think you'll hear a lot about it later today.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
A previous update already activated the AWS ("XLTE") bands on the Droid Maxx.(November of 2013). I have said this in other places: When I got the update, my signal at my office went from toggling between 3G and 4G to a solid 4G signal. Highest speed test I have done there was over 90 MB/s. More often, it's around 70. At home, the speeds went up too, but not as dramatically.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am sure as heck not getting blazing speeds. I got much better speed on my old HTC Rezound than I have ever gotten on my Maxx. I have not seen anything past 18 on my Maxx when I would get in the 30s with my Rezound. Maybe the network is more jammed up now.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am sure as heck not getting blazing speeds. I got much better speed on my old HTC Rezound than I have ever gotten on my Maxx. I have not seen anything past 18 on my Maxx when I would get in the 30s with my Rezound. Maybe the network is more jammed up now.

Yes, it is more jammed up, which is why, I think, Verizon wanted to buy and deploy this spectrum. I know that it had been really bad in big cities, and when our phones first started supporting AWS last fall, I remember reading reports from some people who live or work in parts of NYC and Chicago were reporting vastly improved service.

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks...glad to know Maxx is supported. Hope Orlando is going to be a supported town.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm in one of the cities that was supposed to be switched on and my speeds sucked all day, average was around 1 Mbps down and about half up. Somebody forgot to flip the switch apparently.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
My results for May. I am in Wilmington NC one of the listed cities.

Posted using my thumbs

Attachments

• 7414.jpg
    7414.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 272

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
My results for May. I am in Wilmington NC one of the listed cities.

Posted using my thumbs

Ouch. I'm in Columbus, OH, another city listed. My speeds definitely aren't blistering, but they're nothing to thumb your nose at, either. Mine are definitely much better than what you're seeing though. Wonder why yours is lagging?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dougal57

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
XLTE supposedly turned on in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I used to average about 15 mbps. After XLTE and recent OTA, consistently less than 2 mbps.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
East side of Cincinnati.
7u8ase9y.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad