XLTE for Droid Maxx

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind folks, that xlte is not fully deployed in the rollout cities. So you would have to make sure that you are on band 4,not just that you are on lte.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind folks, that xlte is not fully deployed in the rollout cities. So you would have to make sure that you are on band 4,not just that you are on lte.

That may be true but it doesn't excuse getting 3G speeds on LTE. That's downright pitiful. I've only been over 2 Mbps once in the last few days.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That may be true but it doesn't excuse getting 3G speeds on LTE. That's downright pitiful. I've only been over 2 Mbps once in the last few days.

Which is why they are rolling this out. Less congestion on band 7 means faster speeds. Be patient!

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Which is why they are rolling this out. Less congestion on band 7 means faster speeds. Be patient!

I realize that, problem is this massive slow down is a recent development. Before normal speed test results were 8-12 Mbps down and around 5 up. Not to mention Lansing, MI isn't a huge metropolis, not even in the top 100 in the country as far as size.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
When running the speed test I recommend trying different server because you will get different results at the same time of day

Posted using my thumbs

Attachments

• 7464.jpg
    7464.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 201

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

How can you tell, what band you are on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
All,
I'm sure this is old news, but watch yourself if you are on limited data and running Speedtest a lot to try to figure out your speeds. I looked at my data usage and Speedtest had used 377MB in 2 days according to my phone! I figured it would use some data, but that much on 5 runs seems a bit much. My next closest was Play Music at a whopping 33MB for streaming about 1.5 hours of music at the gym.

Just a word of caution. Cheers!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How can you tell, what band you are on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Not sure how to do it on the Droid maxx but on my note 3, you type *#0011#. At least on my note, you need root.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
All,
I'm sure this is old news, but watch yourself if you are on limited data and running Speedtest a lot to try to figure out your speeds. I looked at my data usage and Speedtest had used 377MB in 2 days according to my phone! I figured it would use some data, but that much on 5 runs seems a bit much. My next closest was Play Music at a whopping 33MB for streaming about 1.5 hours of music at the gym.

Just a word of caution. Cheers!

Very true. I have used over 8gb in speed tests.
urybubum.jpg

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is more jammed up, which is why, I think, Verizon wanted to buy and deploy this spectrum. I know that it had been really bad in big cities, and when our phones first started supporting AWS last fall, I remember reading reports from some people who live or work in parts of NYC and Chicago were reporting vastly improved service.

I live in Chicago and service isn't that good.

Posted via Android Central App

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am east of Tampa, in Valrico. Speeds aren't XLTE at all. Valrico is just smack east of Brandon. Both are suburbs of Tampa growing like weeds. But if you go west into Brandon, onto a different tower (presumably, one that better covers I-75, which goes through Brandon), you get the faster XLTE speeds.

I'm too lazy to post the screenshots comparing them, but it's all about location for me at this point. And the XLTE is comparable to my FiOS Quantum 50/25 speeds I get at home on my Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678