Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Droid Maxx Noise during video, sounds like network sounds

OK this is a strange problem. When im shooting a video WITH THE RADIOS on (4g voice, etc) I hear this weird rumbling buzzing sound kinda like a deep gsm sound. when the phone is in airplane mode the videos are fine. ANYBODY else having problems with noise in videos, notice at 0:18 in the video.

Default Re: Motorola Droid Maxx Noise during video, sounds like network sounds

Yes, but I haven't tried it with the radios off. I will experiment and report back.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so u get the same "noises" in your videos? I was worried I was the only one. Without the radio on it seems to do fine. I find it pathetic that a supposed hi end phone does this.

Mine does it with the radios off even. A high pitched hum. Guess I have to live with it or trade in and replace it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Same problem! On my phone it happens with the radios on and a weak signal

Same problem here on 4.4.4. Experienced feedback sound throughout an 8 minute video. Had 4g turned on. Did not think I needed to turn it off.

Question Re: Motorola Droid Maxx Noise during video, sounds like network sounds

How do you turn off "WITH THE RADIOS on (4g voice, etc)"?
    Where can I find this and I need detailed instructions on how to fix this issue. I am not cell phone savvy.
    I am having the same static issue.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by myvstar650 View Post
    How do you turn off "WITH THE RADIOS on (4g voice, etc)"?
    Turn on airplane mode? Long-press power until you get the pop up menu that you can use to power off - there is an airplane mode toggle right there.

I have the same issue with my phone, it makes the exact same noise, and I tried turning on Airplane mode and that does the trick, but it's a pain! Does anyone know of alternate solutions for this issue? has anyone had issues with noises during facetime/skype? the one time I tried googlechat I didn't have a good signal.