Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked Screen - Droid Maxx

I've had my Maxx for about 4 months now and it has been a great phone. Today I laid the phone down on my kitchen counter. It dropped maybe 2 inches from my hand to the counter. Of course there is now a giant crack on the screen, right next to the volume buttons. The cracks have webbed out to most of the right side of the screen. I don't think the screen should have cracked from something this minor, but I'm sure Motorola won't cover it. I don't have insurance on the phone b/c I've never had a cracked screen on any past phones.

Has anyone ever dealt w/ Motorola to fix the screen? If so, how much do they charge? Would I be better off finding a local cell phone repair shop?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: Cracked Screen - Droid Maxx

Sorry for you loss but in my experience the phone is far more durable than your experience suggests.
    Yesterday I went to put my phone in the pocket of my shirt...only my shirt did not have a pocket...I was also using the phone naked...the phone was launched to the asphalt of a parking lot and clattered as it bounced to rest face down.
    Other than a minor nick to a corner (touched up with a black sharpie) no damage.
    I note I do use a Zag screen protector. Perhaps that helped somehow.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

I sent my phone to Motorola to repair the screen. It took about a week, cost $189, and came back in like-new condition

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Did you buy it on contract?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, I got it on contact. I have 1.5 years left. Any suggestions besides going through Motorola for repairs? $189 seems a little high.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jsm1985 View Post
    Yeah, I got it on contact. I have 1.5 years left. Any suggestions besides going through Motorola for repairs? $189 seems a little high.

Posted via Android Central App
    Google "Motorola screen repair shops" and the go onto Google Maps. See if there are any businesses near you that do the repair and then just check out their sites.

I do this whenever I've smashed my screen and it works out way, way cheaper than $189.

Oh yeah, and then buy a screen protector haha