Ingress App?

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
So ingress app showed up in my games sub folder today. Went to uninstall and it declared itself to be a system app...so I disabled...now it's gone... Like it was never there..!!!!???

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So ingress app showed up in my games sub folder today. Went to uninstall and it declared itself to be a system app...so I disabled...now it's gone... Like it was never there..!!!!???

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

That is definitely not a system app. That's weird, but at least it's gone now...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

That's what disabling apps does - it removes them from the app drawer and any folders. It's done to give you the equivalent of uninstalling any pre-installed apps.

That is definitely not a system app. That's weird, but at least it's gone now...

Ingress is pre-installed "bloatware" on the Maxx, so, yes, it is a system app - it's installed on the /system partition.

Michael Lindsey2

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
For the NEW DROID phones MAXX, mini and ULTRA, IT is a system app, it was installed int he system app folder by Motorola.

INGRESS is still on your phone, you can go back into Apps look in the all folder and your are given the option to re enable it.

Regards
Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks