Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Noom Users Beware!

Apparently I had downloaded an app called Noom and didn't even realize it. Today after about 9 hours of light use, I looked at my phone and it was at 24% battery and hot to the touch! Noom was using 68% of the power and kept my system awake all for one bloatware notification advertisement. Disabled and uninstalled and battery has been steady for the last few hours, only at 21% now after 3 hours. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Noom Users Beware!

That's annoying. Which Noom app was it? There are 3 listed in Google Play. Do you know how it installed without you realizing it? It's worth emailing them and letting them know about this issue. If the app installed in a shady manner, then it's also worth telling them that as well. support@noom.com

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm sure I installed it at some point going through and installing apps i might like. I think it was just called Noom. It kept giving me advertisement for Noom pro too

Posted via Android Central App

I use noom walk and it doesn't cause battery drain.