Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hgouck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Texting not working

My son has a Droid Maxx. A few days ago, he said that he got an update, and since then his text messaging is screwed up. He said that he can't receive a message, and if he tries to send one that his phone will lock up and reboot. Any ideas?

Default Re: Texting not working

I had something similar after the update. Everything else was working fine except the messaging. Tried wiping cache and all that. Didn't help. I downloaded a different app for messaging and that has been working fine. I decided to try Textra, but there are a few well rated apps out there if you want to try that route

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

You might want to try Verizon's message service. I started using it about a week ago and I like it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging.vzmsgs

Posted using my thumbs
    perkdog65 likes this.

Had the same problem. Factory re-set fixed it.
    Crazy Yankee Sportfishing - Salmon and Trout Charters on Lake Ontario!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

I had this problem a week and a half ago. Spent two hours on the phone last week with Verizon and they finally just sent a replacement phone, activated that phone and the messaging was STILL not working correctly. Spent another hour on the phone with Verizon and now they say it won't be fixed until the next update comes out, however they don't know when that will be...so could I use a different texting app...ugh.

That's what Verizon told me too, however I paid for this phone and it's features, I would like to be able to use the ones that I'd like without having to go through any add on apps...

Quote Originally Posted by kjmaddocks69 View Post
    That's what Verizon told me too, however I paid for this phone and it's features, I would like to be able to use the ones that I'd like without having to go through any add on apps...
    Maybe try using Hangouts for SMS? Settings / more (under "wireless & networks") / Default SMS app. Change it to Hangouts, which is not an add-on app - it ships with the phone. See if that works better for you. I've been using Hangouts since KitKat shipped, in part because it doesn't do that silly slideshow when you receive photos in an MMS message.