Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doggy2965
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Poor sound quality

    I've had my maxx for around 10 months now and haven't used it much for music until recently. The volume output of this phone is lower than my previous droid razr. Did they use a cheaper dac in the maxx? It seems like it puts out less voltage. I've compensated a little by turning the gains on my amps up a bit (gains are not volume knobs yea I know) to get the sound level I want. My previous razr has a fuller sound, with all the junk audio effects turned off on each phone. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm playing through an aux cable.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Yes. My bionic produced a fuller sound. The maxx is hollow.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Mine was dull. I use power amp with audio effects off works great

    Posted via Android Central App
    CrazyRussian007 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Something may be wrong with your phone. The sound is a little tinny through the speaker, but with poweramp and audio effects off as stated above, it is pretty good. Definitely better and MUCH louder both through the output and speaker than the razr (I came from the razr maxx hd).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    Something may be wrong with your phone. The sound is a little tinny through the speaker, but with poweramp and audio effects off as stated above, it is pretty good. Definitely better and MUCH louder both through the output and speaker than the razr (I came from the razr maxx hd).
    I use poweramp. I would never use a phone speaker to listen to music, they all sound atrocious to me. They must have used a cheap chip in the maxx looks like I might use my old razr for music or get an old 5th gen iPod.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Quote Originally Posted by kadrek View Post
    I use poweramp. I would never use a phone speaker to listen to music, they all sound atrocious to me. They must have used a cheap chip in the maxx looks like I might use my old razr for music or get an old 5th gen iPod.
    Have you disabled audio effects on phone. I came from RAZR also sounds the same for me. Mine was dull til I disabled audio effects.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    Have you disabled audio effects on phone. I came from RAZR also sounds the same for me. Mine was dull til I disabled audio effects.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, I said that in the original post.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Poor sound quality

    Quote Originally Posted by kadrek View Post
    Yes, I said that in the original post.
    Try clearing the cache partition maybe? Did you disable the audible effects app, or just turn it off in the sound settings? I disabled the app, and as I previously stated, the sound is much louder than my previous razr.

Similar Threads

  1. The M8 Plus sounds intriguing
    By ErnstMach in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:36 AM
  2. Quality case for Z1 compact
    By AlphaScorpii in forum Cases, Skins and Screen Protectors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 12:59 PM
  3. I have an ideatab it has a poor sound quality
    By renshiki in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM
  4. speaker sounds muffled
    By michael3735 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 11:14 PM
  5. Galaxy S5 Photo Upload Quality
    By Jordan0276 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions