Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By jesta192
  • 1 Post By HeavyBombers
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Thumbs down Bank of America app ... UGH!!

Bank of America, after nine months of complaining, refuses to fix its app so that checks will deposit using the Droid Maxx.

BOOOOOO on you Bank of America!
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Bank of America app ... UGH!!

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Bank of America, after nine months of complaining, refuses to fix its app so that checks will deposit using the Droid Maxx.

You should write a review on the play store! https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.infonow.bofa

or you can send them feedback about their app here:

https://utility.bankofamerica.com/facebook/mobilehelp
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

B. Diddy likes this.

Works fine for me now, worked fine for me before the update. The check image doesn't appear lined up exactly as it should between the grid lines, but once I figured that out, no problems whatsoever.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Furlan View Post
    Works fine for me now, worked fine for me before the update. The check image doesn't appear lined up exactly as it should between the grid lines, but once I figured that out, no problems whatsoever.
    I have found that I have to get the check image significantly inside the grid lines for it to work, and then it works fine. I compare what it looked like when I took the picture with the image that shows up the next day in the online deposit view, and while the app showed the image significantly inside the boundary, the resulting deposit image shows it right up to the edge.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Lovin' My Phone

I've tried it all.

Talked to B of A on the phone about it. Complained on the play store. Complained on the B of A Facebook page. Taken check photos in the lines, outside the lines, in bright outside light, in bright inside light. I had no problems with my old Rezound and it actually works on my Toshiba tablet, but not with my Maxx.

I decided to complain here to add to the places of where I have complained.
    ~Janet~

FWIW, and I realize this doesn't help you much, I've never had a single problem using the SunTrust app on my Maxx to do mobile deposits. Then again, I've had a grudge against BoA for a long time now for other reasons, so why should their app be any different.
    skatergirl likes this.

You have to make the checks small. Like ½ the screen or less, then it will work.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Lovin' My Phone

I will try that when I try to deposit another check.
    ~Janet~

Just open an account with Ally bank. My check captures deposit in less than 24 hrs, even if it's on a Friday afternoon.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I've used the BofA app regularly to deposit checks for the past several months. Silverback is right; the check has to be well inside the lines. Look at the preview photos before hitting the button to complete the deposit. If you can't see a margin all the way around the check in preview mode, it won't work.

The $15,000 per month deposit limit is the problem for me. If I get checks from more than 3 or 4 clients in a month, it takes me over the limit.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
    I've used the BofA app regularly to deposit checks for the past several months. Silverback is right; the check has to be well inside the lines. Look at the preview photos before hitting the button to complete the deposit. If you can't see a margin all the way around the check in preview mode, it won't work.

The $15,000 per month deposit limit is the problem for me. If I get checks from more than 3 or 4 clients in a month, it takes me over the limit.
    The B of A app has worked for me on my old Rezound and currently on my Toshiba tablet. Seriously, I have tried to get this app to work on my Maxx every way possible. I am always within the lines of the photo. I will try taking it with LOTS of room within the lines, but then it might be too small to read.

I'll let you all know. Fortunately I don't get too many checks.
    ~Janet~

Here's a hint that might help.

Assuming you're using the latest BOA app (5.0.1110), ignore the lines for the check alignment. Hold the phone far enough from the check so the words "Front of Check" or "Back of Check". cover to the edges of the check. For me, that sets up the correct distance so every check image is accepted. Other than alignment (or bad lighting), I've never had any trouble with the BOA app on my MAXX no matter what version of phone software, runtime, or the BOA app I am using.

Sorry if you have done this but have you tried uninstalling the app, holding down the power button until the screen goes black and then installing it again?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidURLookinFor View Post
    Sorry if you have done this but have you tried uninstalling the app, holding down the power button until the screen goes black and then installing it again?
    I have done that too.
    ~Janet~
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Also, after the new BoA update, you can't take screenshots while the app is open. If i need to send proof of purchase to someone I have to do so from a desktop.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I have literally had this problem for a while now. Capital One 360 (ING) would work just fine, but the BOA app has never worked.... until the other day. Do you happen to have "developer options" turned on in the settings menu?

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Furlan View Post
    Here's a hint that might help.

Assuming you're using the latest BOA app (5.0.1110), ignore the lines for the check alignment. Hold the phone far enough from the check so the words "Front of Check" or "Back of Check". cover to the edges of the check. For me, that sets up the correct distance so every check image is accepted. Other than alignment (or bad lighting), I've never had any trouble with the BOA app on my MAXX no matter what version of phone software, runtime, or the BOA app I am using.
    ^^^ This. Has worked every time for me.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Lovin' My Phone

For whatever reason, I was finally able to get a check to deposit using my Maxx. I held the phone up higher than usual (though I have always been within the lines with the Maxx and none of my other devices have given me a problem using this app) and this time it worked. Will never understand why this app has given me so much trouble on the Maxx versus any of my other devices, but I am happy it worked for me this time.
    ~Janet~

Ditto the 'ugh!' on check deposit via the BoA app.

After multiple failures, I centered the biz sized check on an 8 x 11" sheet of paper in landscape orientation. With the sheet of paper shown edge-to-edge in the guide lines, I finally got it to take.
    skatergirl likes this.