- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Notifications after May update.
After I downloaded the update in May, my phone has chosen it's own notifications for text messages and other notifications (like facebook). I have Handcent as my text messaging program but the phones text messaging program also notifies me even though I have chosen not to have it as the default. so now I get double, sometimes triple with a vibration notifications and can not figure out how to stop it from saying "Shut the front door!" I tried trouble shooting from verizon.com but nothing there about it. I have silenced what I know how to including my Handcent program because of the multiple notifications. But I like Handcent because you can give each person their own tone -- none of which are or were "Shut the front door". :-( Can anyone suggest how I can figure out how to get this notification to stop and let me get back to my other notifications? I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD. System version 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Android version 4.4.2
- 06-16-2014, 09:28 PM #2
Re: Notifications after May update.
- change the default SMS temporarily to the default Messaging app. On the droid Maxx, it's settings / more / Default SMS app. I'm guessing that it's the same on the Razr Maxx HD with 4.4.2.
- start the Messaging app and go into settings and turn off the notification settings in the app.
- change the default SMS app back to what you want.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
- By newtda513 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 16Last Post: 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM
- By jonny12345 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 06-18-2014, 12:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM