Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nightstand Dock?

Searched but didn't find...looking for a nightstand dock that initiates that clock mode...the only ones I'm seeing for the Maxx are Moto's that seem to do that. Can't tell the difference between them other than HDMI function... I'd like one that lays sideways so you can see the clock numerals.

Global Posts
    1,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nightstand Dock?

The moto maxx does not support HDMI

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ah, So those are freakin' Razr docks, then. I do wish they'd come up with a different name when they named the Maxx!

I use I home android dock. I activated a night setting on phone that brings up clock when docked... I also use Timely. Not sure if night clock mode was native to phone or part of Timely.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Griffin sells a nightstand dock that initiates Droid dream when docked. PowerDock for Motorola Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, and Droid Maxx | Griffin Technology
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've seen the Griffin, but it only shows it standing up....
    What does this button d

I use the same stand that I used for my RAZR MAXX HD, it just holds the phone in either a vertical or horizontal position, and I set Daydream to display the clock while it is charging.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I really like the TYLT VU inductive charger. It holds the phone at a 45 degree angle, and you can rest the phone on the charging platform in either landscape or portrait mode.

It has the advantage of working with any qi enabled device, so you don't need to buy a new dock when you get a new phone.

Just use tasker, timely or some other app to control when the clock displays.

+1 for the Tylt Vu.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

The issue with the Tylt (which I think applies to any Qi charger on the Maxx), is that, unlike with USB chargers, the phone exits "charger connected" state when charging is complete, and thus your Daydream app goes away. With USB chargers, the phone stays in "charger connected" state even after the battery is full and no charging current is going into the battery, and thus you stay in Daydream mode.
    Thanked by:
    Zorro1 

Take a look at Clock plus much nicer than clock and and a lot more ways to customize it to your preferences.......

I use it with a griffin stand and don't mind the difference from horizontal with this app for daydream.

Global Posts
    1,942 Global Posts

I go on the cheap.... I use this business card holder along with app Tasker. I have an action set in Tasker that when I plug in my phone between 9pm and 7am and put into horizontal mode it will dim display, put into silence mode and launch an clock app. Its worked great for years, and has worked with my various phones as its not phone dependent.

Here's link to card holder I'm using.... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IAKZ?...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk