Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Default Late to the party Maxx Review

Not so much as a review...moreso just my random thoughts.

Jumped ship from the RAZR Maxx HD last year for the HTC One M7. Loved the Maxx HD but the camera and lag at times made me want one of the high end ones. Fast forward to the One M7 receiving the update to Sense 6. I did not mind Sense until the update (I'll save that for another time.) I purchased the Maxx off EBay and here I am. I don't know why I ever left. I love having "stock" Android, an amazing battery life and the best thing...this phone is just as fast as the One M7 and the camera is way better!

The ONLY thing that bums me out is that since Google no longer owns Moto, I don't see Lenova holding the course with this line of phones. Being on Verizon, this is the only chance I get at the Google experience...maybe Verizon will "allow" the Nexus 5 or the next one to work on their network!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: Late to the party Maxx Review

Quote Originally Posted by blg923 View Post
    Jumped shipped from the RAZR Maxx HD last year for the HTC One M7. Loved the Maxx HD but the camera and lag at times made me want one of the high end ones. Fast forward to the One M7 receiving the update to Sense 6. I did not mind Sense until the update (I'll save that for another time.) I purchased the Maxx off EBay and here I am. I don't know why I ever left. I love having "stock" Android, an amazing battery life and the best thing...this phone is just as fast as the One M7 and the camera is way better!

The ONLY thing that bums me out is that since Google no longer owns Moto, I don't see Lenova holding the course with this line of phones. Being on Verizon, this is the only chance I get at the Google experience...maybe Verizon will "allow" the Nexus 5 or the next one to work on their network!

I think Verizon has the Moto X. It is a great phone with decent performance and is near stock. That might have been another choice. Otherwise, thanks for you input on the Maxx!

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

You're right...forgot about the X. Only thing it wouldn't offer would be the bigger screen and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by blg923 View Post
    The ONLY thing that bums me out is that since Google no longer owns Moto,
    They still do. The deal hasn't cleared yet. Even the writers here make that mistake. Frequently. It's annoying.

That said, I do like the larger screen and battery on the Maxx. But the X does fit nicely in the hand.
    Thanked by:
    blg923 

I just joined the DROID MAXX party myself, came form the DROID DNA by HTC. Loved that phone, but the battery had gotten pretty tired.
    ~Katie~