Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    josh44#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default KitKat Stock Email App

    Hi,

    When I setup the apk for this, there is no Exchange option. Help?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by josh44#AC View Post
    Hi,

    When I setup the apk for this, there is no Exchange option. Help?

    Posted via Android Central App
    The email app on the Droid Maxx? If you tap the email app, and it asks you for the email address and password, there is a manual setup button just below. There you'll find an option for Exchange.

    I don't use the app myself, but that option is there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    josh44#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    No. I mean I downloaded the Stock Email Apk for the Nexus with the GMail UI.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    It must use a framework for exchange that's on the nexus and done differently on the droids. That's probably why it's not officially supported on anything but nexus devices.
  5. #5  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Try out Nine... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3

    I've been a disgruntled Exchange user ever since I switched away from Nexus devices -- every phone manufacturer in the world has managed to release their own special version of an Exchange client that has been functionally inept in its own special way. It wasn't perfect, but the stock email app on the Nexus was pretty amazing.

    Best I can describe Nine - if you could use an interface like the Gmail client but in an Exchange/ActiveSync environment. Expensive, but worth the bucks. It's functionally complete like Touchdown is, but with a far more functional and attractive interface. Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    josh44#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    It looks like its only 9.99. Is that a good deal? I DL and so far its really nice.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    josh44#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Do you know any options that are free? That are also decent

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by josh44#AC View Post
    It looks like its only 9.99. Is that a good deal? I DL and so far its really nice.
    Yeah... they have a special price going on. It's worth every penny in my opinion and not really worth wasting time with other options... I've tried a lot of them.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Try out Nine... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3

    I've been a disgruntled Exchange user ever since I switched away from Nexus devices -- every phone manufacturer in the world has managed to release their own special version of an Exchange client that has been functionally inept in its own special way. It wasn't perfect, but the stock email app on the Nexus was pretty amazing.

    Best I can describe Nine - if you could use an interface like the Gmail client but in an Exchange/ActiveSync environment. Expensive, but worth the bucks. It's functionally complete like Touchdown is, but with a far more functional and attractive interface. Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.
    Totally agree. Switched to Nine like a month or two ago when I was having a problem with the stock email app...haven't looked back since. Nine is fantastic.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.
    Regrettably, true. Now that Symantec has bought them, I'm hoping that maybe they get a makeover!
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Best I can describe Nine - if you could use an interface like the Gmail client but in an Exchange/ActiveSync environment. Expensive, but worth the bucks. It's functionally complete like Touchdown is, but with a far more functional and attractive interface. Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.
    Does Nine allow you to keep the security policy on the app itself like Touchdown (vs. the entire phone like the stock email clients)?
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  12. #12  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat Stock Email App

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Does Nine allow you to keep the security policy on the app itself like Touchdown (vs. the entire phone like the stock email clients)?
    Yes, you can do it device level or application level

Similar Threads

  1. SD cards & MP3s: Fun Things KitKat Did To Ruin My SmartPhone Experience
    By Saren Meserkhani in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 08:51 PM
  2. Stock browser or Chrome?
    By neonworm in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:22 AM
  4. App to boost wifi signal
    By fandroid18 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
  5. how to attach multiple text messages to an email on an s4
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions