Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Default Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?

Several areas I can ask this question. I'll start here and make the rounds since people here ALWAYS have some awesome answer.

My Maxx is in an Otterbox Defender. It will stay in said case forever and ever, just trust me.

Is there a fitness armband for a man with a larger arm (or at least sturdy somewhere between wrist and elbow) that will safely hold the Maxx within its Otterbox Defender case, sans belt clip holster of course.

I use the holster and sometimes its not reliable and running and digging out of a pocket isn't practical and I have to run with long headphone cords because of it. So usually I run with phone in hand.

But if I can find the perfect armband, life would be golden. For MANY activities not just running. Walking the dogs, riding mowing my in-laws pasture, etc.

Any advice or direct links to products? Again the key is I refuse to take off the Otterbox so its staying on.

Default Re: Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Looks good, but, "For iPhone, iPod Touch and similarly sized phones and player (up to 5.75" x 3" x 0.5")"

With the Otterbox, it is 6, a smidge over 3, but it is 0.5.

And Murphy has it out for me, so if I got it, it wouldn't fit lol. But you said yours works, right? How snug is it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Anyone heard of this one? Two links for same thing, the Map My Run Armband:

Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-mapmyrunarmband.jpg

MapMyRun Universal Sport Armband | 1264781 | Under Armour US

Put to the Test: MapMyRun Sport Armband

Its snug and you can pull the elastic tighter if you want. The band has a plastic the twists when I put it on my arm. Still works though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1404185166662.jpg   Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1404185176199.jpg   Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1404185185634.jpg   Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1404185195527.jpg   Droid Maxx fitness armband that fits Otterbox Defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1404185207241.jpg  

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Or has anyone heard of this one? Know of it? Used it?

Sport Armband | Droid Maxx with OtterBox Commuter/Defender Series Case - AB88 | Tune Belt

Looks like that one IS made for droid maxx with otterbox cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mustang02 View Post
    Its snug and you can pull the elastic tighter if you want. The band has a plastic the twists when I put it on my arm. Still works though.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/y8u2udad.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/qumerysa.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/y7y3eryn.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/tu6ajyty.jpg
    Thanks for the additional info and pictures. I'll keep it in mind.

Yes, the Armpocket i-35 is 6 inches long - my favorite armband. Best quality I've had, and I've tried many different solutions over the years, but now, I'm no longer looking.