Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blank web pages displayed

I'm often getting blank pages when I try to access web pages. I still get blank pages even after clearing the history, cache, and cookies in chrome.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Blank web pages displayed

There seems to be a problem with Chrome where the first session attempt to load a web page hangs. Closing it and starting over seems to fix it. Could this be the issue you're seeing?

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The page loading doesn't seem to hang, it just doesn't display anything. If I close Chrome by using the back button until I'm at the home screen, then I can see the tab preview for the page I was trying to get to. I'll open chrome back up and try again to get to the page, but I still end up getting a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    The page loading doesn't seem to hang, it just doesn't display anything. If I close Chrome by using the back button until I'm at the home screen, then I can see the tab preview for the page I was trying to get to. I'll open chrome back up and try again to get to the page, but I still end up getting a blank page.

Try closing the App by going to the running tasks key (to the right home) and swipe chrome to the right to close it.

If that doesn't help, try settings / apps, find chrome, tap it and tap the force stop button. If that still doesn't help, go to the same place and tap wipe data. Hopefully one of those three things will help.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeachy View Post
    There seems to be a problem with Chrome where the first session attempt to load a web page hangs. Closing it and starting over seems to fix it. Could this be the issue you're seeing?

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
    I've often had a problem very similar to this with Chrome on my Maxx. Trying to load a webpage on a tab that was already open would take forever - it was faster to close the tab and open a new tab.

I've switched to Chrome Beta and so far it's working a lot better. Chrome Beta seems faster and I haven't had the problem with slow loading webpages on tabs that are already open.

For those who are still using Chrome you might want to check out Chrome Beta.