Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What happened to what's up

For a while I was able to say OK Google and then say what's up and it would tell me my notifications. But lately it won't respond to what's up. Anybody know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: What happened to what's up

Worked for me yesterday, reboot?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Reboot doesn't work but I think that because I am using a female English voice she doesn't understand the what's up phrase. I wonder how you say what's up in England 😀

Are you trying to do this in the google search app or did you wake the phone by saying "ok google now" to the screen with the black background? Because those are two different things. I don't think the google search app supports "what's up" but Touchless control (the black background process) by Motorola supports what's up.
    Thanked by:
    Hgouck likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am waking the phone with OK Google and then saying what's up. This used to work but it won't now, however if I say read notifications it does. By the way I tried the search box and I get a Web search for what's up and also for read notifications.

I didn't know you could say "what's up" and have touchless respond. But now that you pointed it out (thank you by the way) it works on my Maxx perfectly.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

You're welcome.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

It's still working for me. Be aware that there are two different trigger phrases, "Ok, Google," which works when the Google Search app is active and, "Ok, Google Now," which triggers Motorola's Touchless Controls feature. "What's Up," is a function of Touchless Control not Google Now. When the phone is listening, if the background is white you are in the Google Search app, if it's black you're in Touchless Control.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I just did some experimenting and found that everything works as you said with the English (us) voice. But with the English (uk) voice the what's up doesn't work and I have to tell it to read notifications instead.

Quote Originally Posted by almondman View Post
    I just did some experimenting and found that everything works as you said with the English (us) voice. But with the English (uk) voice the what's up doesn't work and I have to tell it to read notifications instead.
    That's probably right. I remember when the ok google detection first turned on it required us English. Since the forum is for the US only Verizon Droid Maxx that's probably not an issue for almost all of us.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I just like to listen to the UK voice. I'm OK with telling Google to read notifications. 😀😀