Droid Maxx/Mini/Ultra survey email; possible soak test soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In the past 10 minutes I got an email from Motorola asking me to do the whole Survey Monkey jazz and give the MEID etc. That usually means a soak test is coming. This was for Maxx, Ultra and Mini as the email referenced.

I'm at a 4th of July party for 2-3 hours but if you want proof of the email I'll have to work on screen shotting and editing it and getting it up soon.

EDIT: This is best I can do on phone while being with family so bear with me. Also edited thread title to reflect all three phones even though we are in the Maxx forum. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2014-07-04-14-06-142_zpsc4xnzvhu.jpg

Screenshot_2014-07-04-14-06-143_zps6n6mf4su.jpg

Last edited:

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Maxx survey email; possible soak test soon?

In the past 10 minutes I got an email from Motorola asking me to do the whole Survey Monkey jazz and give the MEID etc. That usually means a soak test is coming. This was for Maxx, Ultra and Mini as the email referenced.

I'm at a 4th of July party for 2-3 hours but if you want proof of the email I'll have to work on screen shotting and editing it and getting it up soon.

Got the same email.

Posted via Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

How do you get on that list?

omahamatt

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Received the same email as well. Signed up during my break at work. Hopefully within a week or two the 4.4.4 soak will start

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

omahamatt

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

How do you get on that list?

You must be apart of the feedback program. You can sign up at Motorola's support site

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Updated original post with pics of my Gmail email from Motorola.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

It appears as if "confidential" means something different than I thought

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Usually it rolls out the week after they send the survey so you should see something next week I say.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It appears as if "confidential" means something different than I thought

I agree with your post. But these leak every time so I'm hardly the first "violator" across the numerous Android talk sites and boards. Nor do I care. What are they gonna do, sue me? LOL!

But seriously if it wasn't me someone else would break it. So its all good.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It says confidential, but then a story always gets posted on the front page of the AC site with a story about the soak test that is coming out. So they can't fault one of us too much if big sites are putting it out as an actual story. And yea, they get leaked every time one of these comes out.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree with your post. But these leak every time so I'm hardly the first "violator" across the numerous Android talk sites and boards. Nor do I care. What are they gonna do, sue me? LOL!

Well, Moto is being sold to Lenovo, which is a Chinese company, so when Jackie Chan or Jet Li come after you, don't come crying to me for help.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Not to mention you haven't broken a confidentiality agreement by posting a screenshot of the email. The email says nothing about being a tester for new software, nor have you agreed to anything at this point.

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention you haven't broken a confidentiality agreement by posting a screenshot of the email. The email says nothing about being a tester for new software, nor have you agreed to anything at this point.

I'm pretty sure is that the original agreement, when signing up for the feedback network, contains a confidentiality clause that would apply in this case as well. So right then and there, spreading the word would be in violation of that agreement.
I'm alsp pretty sure that people like the owner of this blog are being used to unofficially spread the word. Otherwise the authors of the email would have to be complete idiots to not assume that a news hound, who only lives to spread the latest scoop, would actually feel morally obligated to keep anything confidential.

Being from a different generation, it is discouraging to read how many agree that someone else's bad behaviour is justification for one's own poor behavior.
Sad...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure why its supposed to be so secret anyways. In my experience with the last few updates the real version gets pushed out a week or less after the soak test pushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.