Account Sign off in bad network area

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the verizon Maxx with 4.4 like everyone else. Whenever I enter an area of bad connectivity with no cell signal, my google account signs me out
So I need to sign back in everytime
but I have two step authentication enabled, even though its not supposed to ask me again for the verification code, it does ask me the verification code everysingle time.
So I cant understand
1) Why is it signing me out of google accounts in bad connectivity area
2) Why is it not signing me back when I do get back in good network range
3) Why is my two step authentication asking me for a code? How do I add my phone to registered devices so it doesnt ask me for a code every single time

Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a known bug with the current KitKat build that has been in place since the update. The good news is that there is supposed to be an update that will fix this issue. A Moto employee on G+ said that the update would be sent for carrier testing to Verizon at the end of June and that testing usually takes 3 to 5 weeks - so it should be here, finally, soon.

There is definitely at least one thread about this here but I'm not going to find it for you right now. However, see this thread: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/ef7321672a

As for the two-step problem, you should be able to create an application-specific passphrase that will allow you to log in to your Google account without the second factor. Once the update is delivered you can rescind the passphrase, as the problem should not be recurring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon