just got the 4.4.4 soak test

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have it as well. These are my screenshots below.

Previously there was a bug that if you were on any screen but the middle screen, entered an app, and hit home, it took you all the way to the middle screen as if you double-tapped home. That has now been fixed. You hit home once to return to the previous screen, and you hit home a second time to truly go to the home screen (provided you're not already on it.)

Now to play around with it and see what else has changed.

Initial download of 4.4.4.pngInstall System Update screen.pngSystem Info screen at 4.4.4.pngUpdate Complete screen.png

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Any update to the dialer?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Not that I can see, nor the contact list, but its after midnight for me so to test it... Yeah I'd have some mad friends, LOL! But I'm to bed soon so I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences, and if I find anything tomorrow I'll post and/or confirm others as well.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When you go into settings --> apps and look at the list of running apps, was there always the option in white lettering in the upper right to change to cached apps? Wife has Droid Maxx, not in soak test, but I don't want to wake her and check her phone since we are in bed.

But yeah I don't remember that being there before, unless I was completely oblivious to it.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a link to the zip? I'm not in on the Feedback Network, but I'm ready and raring to side-load the update... :)

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If one were invited to the soak test, would it install the same way as any other OTA update? I am asking for a friend, whose phone still says the software is up to date

Posted from my XT1080M

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If one were invited to the soak test, would it install the same way as any other OTA update? I am asking for a friend, whose phone still says the software is up to date

Posted from my XT1080M

Yes.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

omahamatt

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
It's working for me pretty well. More responsive. The cameras are better as well, especially the front camera, no more lines or grainy look anymore.

Only issue I've ran into is wiping the cache in recovery, takes 5+ minutes.

Posted via Android Central App

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed in 4.4.4 - When you pull down the right notification shade, is your google+ photo there in the upper right tile? Mine is not there anymore, just the default "no user" image.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I hate that it is not using my google+ image. Also the atr is running a lot smoother and I am loving it. With this soak it is the most stable one I have ever tried before. You all are in a for treat when it gets released.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

damnyankees

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed in 4.4.4 - When you pull down the right notification shade, is your google+ photo there in the upper right tile? Mine is not there anymore, just the default "no user" image.

The right notification shade? What image are you talking about? When I pull down the notification shade, there's no place for an image. When I go to the quick settings tiles, my picture is one of the tiles. Is that what you're talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I hate that it is not using my google+ image. Also the atr is running a lot smoother and I am loving it. With this soak it is the most stable one I have ever tried before. You all are in a for treat when it gets released.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

4.4.4 + ART is absolutely money right now, in terms of speed and responsiveness. Very noticeable improvement! :)

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
When I pull down the notification shade, there's no place for an image. When I go to the quick settings tiles, my picture is one of the tiles. Is that what you're talking about?

Yes. The upper left tile usually has my Google + image and when you press it, it pulls up my contact "card" in the people app. Since 4.4.4, The image is the default image and when I press it is says "The contact doesn't exist".

Screenshot_2014-07-09-21-11-15.png

Screenshot_2014-07-09-21-11-26.png

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes. The upper left tile usually has my Google + image and when you press it, it pulls up my contact "card" in the people app. Since 4.4.4, The image is the default image and when I press it is says "The contact doesn't exist".

View attachment 126868

View attachment 126869

Hmmm odd. I have an Ultra, and while i can't say that I'm in the soak test because that's confidential, i can say that after whatever happened to my phone last night i still have my G+ picture and it still takes me to my contact card if i press it.

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz