Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto Update and notification

I don't mind that it Auto Updates my apps, what is annoying is the fact it keeps telling me about them in my Notification bar. Is there a way to disable the notification that it updated applications, but keep the Auto Update turned on?
    The same goes with Verizon Support and Protection, after AutoUpdate updates an app, VSP keeps telling me it did not find a threat. I could care less if it didn't find a threat. Is there a way to set it to tell me only when it finds a threat?

Default Re: Auto Update and notification

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Google Play Store, and uncheck the "Show notifications" box. You can also try the same for Verizon Support and Protection.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was thinking that setting would stop the auto update for each of the application, not the notification by Play that it updated the each application.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Moloney View Post
    I was thinking that setting would stop the auto update for each of the application, not the notification by Play that it updated the each application.
    Nope, that setting (which works for any application you install) will prevent the app from showing a notification in the status bar or notification shade. I have auto notifications on and I definitely want to see those, so I know when apps are updated and can go into the play store to see what has changed.
    B. Diddy likes this.