Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Maxx is connected to the wifi but is still using massive amounts of data

My Droid Maxx has been connected to wifi for a majority of the time, especially when I am updating or downloading new apps. I do not use huge data usage apps such as Netflix or Youtube, just the small ones such as Facebook or Twitter, but I don't even use them every day. My phone is mainly used as a texting device rather than surfing the web constantly. Somehow I have used 1.5 GB in 3 days without even using many apps or updating them. When I am at home, connected to the internet, data is still collecting and when I talk to tech support they say that my phone is using the cell towers, not my home wifi even though my phone indicates that it is. Is anyone else having these problems or does anyone have any solutions for this?

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CNA

Default Re: Droid Maxx is connected to the wifi but is still using massive amounts of data

Do you have any screen shots you can post? Perhaps of your bandwidth usage screen?

Default Re: Droid Maxx is connected to the wifi but is still using massive amounts of data

Go to settings, data usage. Find what's eating your bandwidth and set a usage cap for safety. It's easy to do and will save headaches.