Google Hangouts video calls crash upon initiation
Recently, I have tried to start or answer a video call. As soon I start the call, the Hangouts app crashes. Ive cleared everything! I even deleted some apps. But whats funny is that if I restart the phone and quickly make a call, it works. Minutes later instant crash. Suggestions?
- 07-13-2014, 02:50 PM #2
- 07-13-2014, 03:24 PM #3
- 08-11-2014, 01:55 AM #5
- 08-11-2014, 05:41 AM #6
- 08-11-2014, 05:59 AM #7
- 08-11-2014, 06:31 AM #8
Re: Google Hangouts video calls crash upon initiation
Wow, yeah thanks! I was just about to post what I found from the Motorola support forums:
" The only*fix*is to deactivate the "ok google" detection under the google search app.
*Go into the google search app > click the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right > go to settings> go to voice> go to *"ok google" detection > uncheck the box next to "From Google Search app"
*Then someone else followed up with:
" Leave it off. Its for phones that don't have the always listening feature like ours. OK google will still work with it off."
Thanks! I wish I'd known this sooner when my kid was born last Tuesday! Not that I wanted to record her popping out but her first moments would have been nice! 👣
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-11-2014, 02:15 PM #9
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2014, 01:57 AM
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 11Last Post: 07-26-2014, 02:06 PM
- By Madd54 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM
- By Axr6 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
- By TheJosieB in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2014, 08:59 AM