Google Hangouts video calls crash upon initiation

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Recently, I have tried to start or answer a video call. As soon I start the call, the Hangouts app crashes. Ive cleared everything! I even deleted some apps. But whats funny is that if I restart the phone and quickly make a call, it works. Minutes later instant crash. Suggestions?

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having a similar problem, Skype won't work, no video cameras work, and live sound recording doesn't work either. DROID MAXX.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having a similar problem, Skype won't work, no video cameras work, and live sound recording doesn't work either. DROID MAXX.

Go into the Google search app, find the menu control on the bottom, settings, voice, OK Google detection, and turn it off for detection on any screen.

(There really needs to be a sticky for this...)

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, yeah thanks! I was just about to post what I found from the Motorola support forums:

" The only*fix*is to deactivate the "ok google" detection under the google search app.

*Go into the google search app > click the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right > go to settings> go to voice> go to *"ok google" detection > uncheck the box next to "From Google Search app"

*Then someone else followed up with:

" Leave it off. Its for phones that don't have the always listening feature like ours. OK google will still work with it off."

Thanks! I wish I'd known this sooner when my kid was born last Tuesday! Not that I wanted to record her popping out but her first moments would have been nice! 👣

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995