Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Pebble Battery Drain

I am using the Pebble Steel and, while I like the watch, I find that the battery in my Maxx drains quickly and barely makes it through the day. Are others experiencing this same problem?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: Pebble Battery Drain

I have the original Pebble and by and large, that hasn't been my experience.

Battery life has lots of variables, but after a year of wearing my Pebble every day I can't say that I've detected a consistent pattern of noticeably shorter phone battery life. That said, this is based upon my usage of both devices and does not necessarily translate to yours.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sddenizen View Post
    I am using the Pebble Steel and, while I like the watch, I find that the battery in my Maxx drains quickly and barely makes it through the day. Are others experiencing this same problem?
    Yep, I have the first Pebble and since using it most of the time the phone's battery is not as good. Some day I'm going to try to go a day without it and see if there is a significant difference. That said, I always get through a day with the phone with plenty of battery to spare and I usually have opportunities to plug the phone in, so I'm fine.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I pair with a Sony Smartwatch 2 and I do notice a drain but I still get around 19-20 hours. I think its the constant Bluetooth pairing. That said having the "trusted device" and thus no lock for instant access makes it worth it. The Sony has been good to... Had it a year and no problems to report.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Since both the Maxx and the Pebble support Bluetooth 4LE, the constant connection shouldn't drain that much. However the actual data transfer for notifications and other sorts of things (Glance for example) can start to add up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk