Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix to S3 to N4 to MAXX

Over the last few years I've gone from basic phones to Atrix, S3, N4, and now MAXX. Atrix was my first "smart" phone and android experience. It was good, heavy but I liked it. The S3 came out and I HAD to have it. It was a great phone, camera was awesome but Samsungs touch on Android was ehh. Took a bit to get used to plus it was all cheap plastic. N4 came out and again I HAD to have it. It was a awesome phone at first. Pure Android but I lost LTE coverage with it. Never could get the APN settings right so coverage and 4G speed just plain sucked. Really the only 2 things great about it were the software and how it looked. Other than that I hated it.. Last week my contract was up with AT&T and decided to jump ship to Verizon and get on my old lady's plan. With the discount she gets threw work 2 phones and 4g of data is $110 a month.

So here are my thoughts on the MAXX. I've had it for 5 days now and I really like it. Its the most "pure" android I've experienced besides the nexus phones. Its snappy, looks great and doesn't seem to be bloated with a lot of Verizon junk. I just disable them and I don't even see them in the app drawer. Size is perfect and the battery life is the best I've experienced. My only complaint is the weight but I knew that coming in because of the larger battery. Over all I love the MAXX, its a great phone.

Default Re: Atrix to S3 to N4 to MAXX

Glad to hear it, and welcome aboard.
    Droid Maxx

US Navy CPO Ret