Battery problem at 0%

trapmaster46

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I've got a problem with my Droid Maxx right now. It started about 3 weeks ago. The phone had completely died so i plugged it in and went to bed for the night. I woke up to the phone restarting in a loop. The phone will show the Motorola boot up screen then show the battery charging logo with 0%. The problem is it shows that logo then shuts off immediately and will attempt to reboot again about 10 seconds later. It keeps looping like this. It fixed itself when I tried my friends S4 charger and didn't restart immediately and showed 1% on the screen. The phone died again a week ago and the same problem reoccurred. I tried 3 different chargers including the original one and nothing worked. I took it up to the Verizon store and they plugged it in to one of their computers and it started charging. Verizon's advice was to get a new phone(of course) but I'm going to see if it is a fixable problem. Have y'all heard of anything like this happening before? I went ahead and bought a Verizon charger to try and see if it will work when it dies but before that happens I want to see if it is maybe a software issue I could fix before my phone may be permanently screwed.

P.S. All the chargers worked when the phone wasn't completely dead in charging the phone normally

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you let the phone charge without disturbing it? Try leaving it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 12 hours, completely undisturbed. Then try to power it on again.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried 3 different chargers including the original one and nothing worked.

How about cables? Are you using the original cable or something else? It's possible that you have a cable that can't carry enough charge to charge the phone while it's operating, causing the battery to actually discharge faster than if it wasn't plugged in. Anyway, try the original cable, or try another USB cable if you don't have the original.

If that doesn't help, get a warranty replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz