Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Andy88488
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with Amazon Appstore after 4.4.4 update

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but since updating to 4.4.4, I have had problems with the Amazon Appstore. I have been unable to download the Free App of the Day, with an error that said something like "An error occurred while processing your purchase. Please try again."

I tried closing the appstore and restarting it, and I tried rebooting the phone. It happened a few days ago, and I put it down as a fluke, but it just happened again today.

I called Amazon tech support. He wanted me to uninstall the Appstore app, but apparently it's preinstalled on the Maxx and un-removable. So he had me clear the data for the app. Now it's REALLY screwed up. I can't even log in to the appstore. It just gives me a "Login Error" dialog. And now the apps that I downloaded from Amazon will no longer work.

The only other thing that I did was I enabled Developer Mode, so that I could consider changing from Dahlik to ART, but I didn't do it.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Does anyone have any useful suggestions?

Thanks,
    Andy

Default Re: Problem with Amazon Appstore after 4.4.4 update

So your current situation is that you've cleared the data from Amazon Appstore and you can't even access it now because it won't let you log in? Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Amazon Appstore, and Uninstall All Updates. Then Clear Cache and Clear Data again, and Force Stop. Now try opening it again, and see if you can login.

If that still doesn't work, on your browser, go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, and follow the instructions to download and install the latest version. I was unaware that Amazon Appstore was preinstalled on Droid Maxx's--are you sure about that? If it's true, you should see a Disable button instead of an Uninstall button in the Settings>Apps​ menu.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Problem with Amazon Appstore after 4.4.4 update

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    So your current situation is that you've cleared the data from Amazon Appstore and you can't even access it now because it won't let you log in? Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Amazon Appstore, and Uninstall All Updates. Then Clear Cache and Clear Data again, and Force Stop. Now try opening it again, and see if you can login.

If that still doesn't work, on your browser, go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, and follow the instructions to download and install the latest version. I was unaware that Amazon Appstore was preinstalled on Droid Maxx's--are you sure about that? If it's true, you should see a Disable button instead of an Uninstall button in the Settings>Apps​ menu.
    Hi B!

Thanks for your email. Yes, I'm sure that the Appstore came pre-loaded. And yes, I saw a Disable button rather than an Uninstall button.

I tried uninstalling updates, and that didn't help. But installing a fresh download DID help, and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help!!

Andy
    B. Diddy and Hgouck like this.