Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera app not working

Update 2: Inspite of ok google disabled, camera app only works 40% of the times, any help how to make sure camera works?

Update: Turn off OK Google detection in any app in the settings of the Google search app. With touchless controls on the Droids, this feature isn't needed anyway, and the feature blocks the video camera from working by holding the microphone open.

Two Droid Maxx, pretty much the same complain. After 4.4.4 update camera was working fine and dandy for few days. After that I started getting error messages, "restart camera app" when ever I would launch the camera app. On launching there would be a BLANK screen with two NON-WORKING buttons on the bottom (one for swaping front-back camera and other for movie). Initially restarting the phone helped but now even that is not helping. After 3 days of camera not working, suddenly the camera worked for 20 minutes and replaced again with the BLANK screen.

Anybody having similar problems? What should I do? I cleared the camera cache but havenot gone through full wipe. These are TWO droids having similar problems after the 4.4.4 update. No new app have been downloaded for last one month or so on both phones. Looking into running and cache apps. there is just the usual google and motorola stuff, facebook, some amazon and verizon stuff but nothing related to camera. These stuff have been running for a long time before the update unless something got added OTA with the last update.

Please Help!

Default Re: Camera app not working

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition. This is different from wiping an individual app cache, and won't erase any personal data. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...,8697/kw/cache

If wiping the cache partition doesn't help, back up all of your photos and videos and do a factory data reset. I've not had the camera issues you're describing on my phone, so, if a cache wipe doesn't help, and a full reset doesn't help, then it's time for a warranty replacement.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had this same issue and nothing would resolve it. Sent the phone in for a warranty replacement and I am no longer getting the camera issue, but now I am getting a video camera issue. The video camera will not work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by king_of_lakemoor View Post
    I had this same issue and nothing would resolve it. Sent the phone in for a warranty replacement and I am no longer getting the camera issue, but now I am getting a video camera issue. The video camera will not work at all.
    Turn off OK Google detection in any app in the settings of the Google search app. With touchless controls on the Droids, this feature isn't needed anyway, and the feature blocks the video camera from working by holding the microphone open.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Any help? I have disabled OK google now and camera app only works 40% of the times. Anyway to make it better?

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Any help? I have disabled OK google now and camera app only works 40% of the times. Anyway to make it better?
    Just to make sure that we are talking about the same thing, you don't have to disable "ok google now" (which is Touchless controls on the Maxx). Go into the google search app, or open google now (it's the same thing), scroll down to the bottom of the screen. There is a menu control bottom right. Tap that. Hit settings. Hit voice. Hit "ok google" detection. Turn off the setting "from any screen". You can probably disable all of the other items, too.

That's what blocks the video camera from capturing audio.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes everything turned off, here is the screen shot

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera app not working-6537.jpg