Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JS1000
  • 1 Post By JS1000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two questions!

Hi everyone,

I recently switched from a samsung S3 to the Maxx and I am really enjoying this phone. I have two questions and hope you can give me some advice.

1) I realize that I can say "ok google" and then "send text to XYZ, etc....". However, I am using Swiftkey with Hangouts. If Hangouts is already open, how do I send a text with voice without accessing the microphone on the keyboard? Let me know if this does not make sense.

2) I use an app called gStrings for tuning guitars, etc... This app does not work and reports "Failed to initialize the microphone (has another app locked it)?". I am not using any other music apps on this phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank so much.

Default Re: Two questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JS1000 View Post
    I use an app called gStrings for tuning guitars, etc... This app does not work and reports "Failed to initialize the microphone (has another app locked it)?". I am not using any other music apps on this phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't have an answer for your first question, but for the second one, I wonder if there might be a conflict with the "OK Google" always listening function. You could see what happens if you turn off the hotword detection, or change it to be active only when on the Google Now screen. You can see those options in Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That did it! Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Hmm, I use both of those apps and have not experienced that problem.

For the first question, touchless controls works in any app, if the phone is on or off. Just say OK Google now and give the command.

Quote Originally Posted by JS1000 View Post
    2) I use an app called gStrings for tuning guitars, etc... This app does not work and reports "Failed to initialize the microphone (has another app locked it)?". I am not using any other music apps on this phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank so much.
    gStrings has been replaced by the new Waves app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tor.gstringsng). Install Waves, then scroll down to Purchase Status and tap it. Your gStrings license will be transferred.
    Thanked by:
    Hgouck 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you all for your help!
    B. Diddy likes this.