Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the MAXX camera the same as the Moto X?

I keep reading and hearing about how poor the camera on the Moto X is but I've had great results on my Droid MAXX. Far better than my wife's HTC One M8. I use "A Better Camera" as my main camera app.

Is the camera on the MAXX the same as on the X?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Is the MAXX camera the same as the Moto X?

As far as I know they're identical. I know the specs are the same and using the same SoC makes it very likely that they're the same components.

Can't answer specifically since I don't own an X, but the camera on my MAXX is my biggest disappointment. Specifically the low light/flash operation is subpar. Perhaps the camera was improved with 4.4.4, but I havent checked lately. I was so disappointed with the flash pics I am considering a Lumia. Just don't want to lose the Active Display/Touchless Controls.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There are two cameras available for the Maxx and the Moto X, the Google Camera and the Motorola Camera. I have both loaded but lean toward the Motorola Camera for ease of use but have the Google camera also (available in the Play Store. I am not sure what the Moto X uses as default. You might want to try both and compare. I find both satisfactory but I am not a big camera expert.

@edison2012 the MAXX camera is super-improved after the upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.4. I can't belive the difference, on vacation last week my wife requested that I shoot pictures because my results are much better than her iphone 5.

@LandLockedPH thanks for the tip on "A Better Camera". Back in the day I shot 35mm photography and had a dark room setup in my home. I miss the "manual" approach to photography, i.e. bracketing exposures, blurring the focus, etc. A Better Camera give you all of this and more. I don't have to be jealous of the Samsung Galaxy S5 camera features any longer - great recommendation.

On @LandLockedPH's recommendation I just installed "A Better Camera" on my MAXX. I also have the DROID MAXX stock app and the Google Camera Android stock app. I am having fun comparing and switching.

What camera apps do other's use and why do you prefer them?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Happy to hear you're enjoying A Better Camera I've been using it for a while now, and it's been really good.

Posted via Android Central App