Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Battery App Recommendations

What are some good battery monitoring apps to help me know what programs are draining my battery?

I am pretty happy with my current battery life after doing a factory reset, but I want to know which of my apps are the worst on my MAXX's battery.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    6,551 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Battery App Recommendations

I've never used one of those before, sorry I can't help on that.
    But the battery app is a good source to see which apps are draining your battery.
    Why don't you use yours to have a general idea.
    Here's a screenshot of mine. Battery App Recommendations-1408382312951.jpg
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Try Gsam battery. That's the one I've using for a while.
    Thanked by:

+1 for the GSam battery app.
    Thanked by:

Better batter stats, with Xposed module, "battery monitor" to check charging input and alarm to go off when battery hits 92%. Also I recommend greenify donation, with one power guard.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
    Thanked by:

+2 for gsam!
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks everyone. I will give GSam a try. I thought I remembered that it had issues with Kit Kat, but maybe I am wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bhameyedoc View Post
    Thanks everyone. I will give GSam a try. I thought I remembered that it had issues with Kit Kat, but maybe I am wrong about that.
    There are no issues, but it is less useful - KitKat will not expose as much data to battery monitoring apps like GSAM as was available in JB.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    There are no issues, but it is less useful - KitKat will not expose as much data to battery monitoring apps like GSAM as was available in JB.
    Doesn't making it a system app get around that? Need to be rooted with WP off.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Loop View Post
    Doesn't making it a system app get around that? Need to be rooted with WP off.
    Anytime I mention anything about an app I assume that whoever is asking is unrooted (as I am). It may be that the percentage of people who post here that are rooted is higher than usual, but I still think that a vast majority are not and advice is best given assuming that people are stock. Don't you agree?
    Thanked by 2:
    Hgouck likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Anytime I mention anything about an app I assume that whoever is asking is unrooted (as I am). It may be that the percentage of people who post here that are rooted is higher than usual, but I still think that a vast majority are not and advice is best given assuming that people are stock. Don't you agree?
    You are correct - my phone is currently unrooted. Thanks.

I used to be rooted, but found it was easier to stay unrooted for the soak tests. Plus, I like my MAXX the way it is. :-)

I think it's appropriate to mention that a particular app that you're mentioning has significantly more function on rooted phones. It might inspire someone to root of that added function fixes the problem.

Global Posts
    1,431 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

BatteryBot has been good to me

Battery Widget Reborn runs on all my droid devices. The beta is free, and the pro version is a reasonable 2 bucks.

Some screen caps.

Battery App Recommendations-screenshot_2014-08-20-11-15-45.png Battery App Recommendations-screenshot_2014-08-20-11-17-15.png Battery App Recommendations-screenshot_2014-08-20-11-27-52.png