Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  • 1 Post By Codger1212
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging tone

For the last few weeks or so, my phone has been making a "ding" sound when I plug in my charger. Not really sure why it started although it could be the 4.4.4 update. Anyone experiencing this and any idea how to turn it off? I work a night shift so I dont want to keep waking the wife.

Default Re: Charging tone

I don't own that phone but I don't think it has that option (I haven't seen that in many phones). I do remember my old S2 did have it though...
    Anyway, the only thing I could suggest is to set the phone to Vibrate or Silent Mode. This should take care of the sound.

Of course, if you root, you could either delete the sound file or modify the config file.

Settings - sound - battery full notification maybe? Mine never makes a sound when I plug in.

I would look at settings / sounds and see if there is anything checked. If there is try unchecking it

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have already looked at all these possibilities however I will keep looking. Just funny that I had owned this phone for 7 months without this problem and all of a sudden. Just an annoyance, not the end of the world.

Do you use a battery monitoring app like GSAM Battery Monitor? That app in particular has alarms that you can set for various battery charging and temperature conditions. Even if it is not GSAM, maybe another app has something similar?

Of course the other option is to long-press the power button (with the display on) to bring up the power off menu, where you can choose to turn off sounds, and do that before you plug the phone in.
    Thanked by:
    SpookDroid likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks doogald, it was a battery monitor app I forgot I had. Thanks for all suggestions people.
    SpookDroid likes this.