Active Display Question

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Maxx this week and so far I'm loving it!! Quick question though. Active display flashes on & off even when there's no notifications when its sitting idle on my coffee table at home or desk at work. Is this normal? I thought it was only suppose to display notifications when they arrive, or time when picked up/moved...

Posted via the Android Central App

ajGoes

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Just received my Maxx this week and so far I'm loving it!! Quick question though. Active display flashes on & off even when there's no notifications when its sitting idle on my coffee table at home or desk at work. Is this normal? I thought it was only suppose to display notifications when they arrive, or time when picked up/moved...

That's the normal "breathing" behavior. It consumes hardly any electricity. It does stop when the phone is face down and, if you have the "sleep at night" feature enabled, during the night-time hours you specify.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it should be "breathing" without any notification UNLESS it senses motion OR movement in front via the proximity sensor. If it is sitting on your desk it should not be simply breathing the time. How often does it do this?

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
With no notifications, it will do it a couple times an hour. And that's with it sitting on my desk, coffee table, and/or night stand.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't seem worth it for it to only breathe the time a couple times per hour. I'm thinking something is causing it to "take those breaths". I am certain mine does not breath without a notification, movement, or proximity sensor detection.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes it will. The sensors are pretty sensitive on it. But I like it, don't have to touch my phone to get the time.

Posted via Android Central App